Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"There we are, finally done," Said Emily in a childish encouraging voice as she patted the bandaged spot under Leila's eye. The latter cringed for a second before the pain was ninety-five percent dissolved and she sighed again.

"Emily?! Leila called weakly as she moved her body to lean her head on the pillow and pulled the covers up over her until her waist.

"Yes, Leila?" Emily replied softly as she was sitting on the edge of the bed next to her, collecting the used medical equipment in a spare bag she had to throw them away.

"What do you think will happen next?" Leila asked. "I mean, what am I supposed to do next? I have no clue of what to do and I don't-I don't even want to talk to him again."

"Well, I guess you should rest and let things flow naturally. I'm sure that fate would have something good in store for you to be revealed soon," Emily said, getting up from the bed and walking back to the bathroom to return the first aid bag. She came back and closed all the lights except for the stand lamp next to Leila, and then she leant forward to plant a kiss on her sweaty forehead. "Good night, Leila," She said before walking towards the door.

"Emily? Can you please turn on the lights? I have a phobia of dark places, especially when I'm on my own," Leila awkwardly asked.

"Sure, Leila. As you like," Emily replied with a grin and she switched the lights on before repeating her good night words from earlier and went out of the room, slowly closing the door behind her.

Leila sighed and closed her eyes, hoping that she could even sleep at all after what happened that evening. Because of her crying, she was able to drift to sleep not too far from midnight, a troubled sleep that was full of nightmares, showing the same pair of sparkling blue eyes she had been fascinated by him.

And though she felt hurt, pained, and even robbed of her dignity, she still couldn't feel bad at him. She still couldn't hate, the thing that had even infuriated her further than she could ever imagine.

-

The next morning, Leila woke up early to the noise of birds chirping on the tree just before her balcony. She quickly put on her scarf and went out into the balcony to watch the scene. It was magnificent to stand there, six meters from the earth's surface, watching the canaries happily chirping in their nest, with the morning sun still rising in the background, casting its colors upon everything it meets. Leila grinned, letting the morning breeze coat her, making her forget everything of what had happened that night. She was expectant to hear the caller's voice breaking the silence as he called for Fajr prayer, but she knew that it wouldn't happen. It never will. The life she knew back in her hometown was now behind her, and a new page was waiting ahead of her to be lined with neat sentences. She wanted to finish this deal as soon as possible, so that she could go back to her parents and live with them happily as they had been before. Although they didn't have enough money to serve their needs, but they were happy, and that's all she's looking for. In fact, she wished she had never agreed to this job in the first place, even so they would be penniless, but poverty was much more bearable than an ungrateful stubborn young man.

Getting back to her room, Leila felt the air was thick and extremely warm to her liking after she had been exposed to the cold air outside, so she turned the conditioner on. She unfolded her praying mat and directed it towards the Kiblah, then she proceeded to pray Fajr prayer. Afterwards, and for the first time in a very long period of time, she picked out her holy book from her hand bag. She felt a sudden urge to read a few pages of the Qur'an. She wanted to observe thoroughly the message Allah sent her through those beautifully told phrases, and she wanted to discover the secret message Allah was hiding for her through the pages, waiting for the perfect time for her to understand it. She wanted to be absorbed in its spirituality, to let the words melt her heart and make her feel loads better.