The Joker

"Juuzou" You laid on his chest. "Something's wrong with me, I think."

"Why? Are you sick?" He asked, holding you tightly. "Have we done it too much lately?"

You laughed at him.

"No."

"Not enough? I think not enough." He kissed your head as he laid on your bed in his shorts and suspenders.

"You're terrible. No, I just missed my menstruation last month. And it's not here this month. Very weird." You shrugged.

"Maybe it's just done?" He ventured a guess.

"Yeah, maybe. But I think Mama might be noticing soon. And she'll take me to a doctor. I just wanted to let you know, in case I don't see you again for a bit." You nuzzled into his chest. "You're still so short, Juuzou. Aren't you going to grow?"

"I feel it in my bones!" He laughed maniacally. "A growth spurt is coming on!"

"Oh, sure." You poked his ribs, causing him to laugh even louder. But then, you heard the thunderous steps and you instantly separated.

"Rei-chan! YN! What's going on in here that's soooo funny?!" She entered the door with pizzazz.

"We were telling jokes, Mama." You looked up at her, innocently.

"Oh, really? Let me hear it." She sat down, shaking the entire room.

"Why couldn't the two melons get married?" Juuzou asked, with a crazed look in his eye.

"Why?" She narrowed her own eyes.

"Because they can't elope!" He laughed wildly and you couldn't help but join in.

"More, more!" You cheered him on. Big Madame cracked a smile.

"What happens to grapes when you step on them?" Juuzou asked.

"What?" She responded.

"They wine." He cackled as you howled.

"Again! Again!" You held your stomach as you rolled on the floor and your mother began to laugh a little bit more.

"What vegetable is never allowed on a boat?" Juuzou threw himself backwards and joined you in rolling around on the floor.

"What vegetable, darling Rei-chan?" Big Madame asked with a smile on her face and laughter leaking out of her mouth.

"Leeks!" And with that, you squealed in delight, proving the point, once and for all, that Juuzou was funny enough to cause the ruckus that she had heard in the first place.

"Alright, alright." She laughed. "My silly children. I think that's enough. Darling daughter, why don't you come with me? You need new dresses again. I think we need to reevaluate the amount of flesh that you're allowed to eat. We don't want you to lose your figure. I mean, I watch what I eat very closely in order to simply maintain."

You laughed again, sneaking in a look at Juuzou as you took your mother's hand.

"Yes, Mama." You waved to him and received a huge smile back. You mouthed to him the words I love you. And received the words I love you too right back as the door closed behind you.

Juuzou laid in his bed. He had his ghoulie. He had his good boy points. Now all he had to do was find his way out. The next fight at the restaurant wasn't for another month or so; perhaps that would be the time.