Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up really sore from Koko Head. You know that superhuman feeling of falling asleep on the couch and waking up in bed? That was happening, but the thought of my dad probably being the one putting me there and not teleportation powers still warmed my heart. I hobbled out of bed and went to my mom and dad's room, because I again had more nightmares.

This is ridiculous. I now see the person. He is about 6' or so, buzzed blonde hair, and seems to be a big buff guy. In my dream, he first beats me, then he inappropriately touches me. Now lately he's been going all the way, and taking my innocence. I can't take it anymore. I've got to tell someone because it's killing me inside.

Forcing myself to ignore the savory  scent of bacon that was undeniable, I walked down the hall into their room. The door was open and they were laying in bed chatting. I announced myself, "Hey. Can I come in?" They both happily let me enter. I climbed onto the bed and sat in front of them criss-crossed. "So, I gotta tell you something. Please don't get mad." I saw worry come to their faces.

"What is it, what's wrong baby?" My mom sat up and asked. Dad sat up and flipped his untied hair out of his face, and looked at me concerned. Mom took my hand in consolidation.

"Ok, so you remember the dream I had the other night? And you came back into my room with me?" I saw my mom's face get embarrassed, she thought about what they did after that. Dad didn't make anything of it, he didn't realize I knew anything. "Well, the dreams haven't stopped since."

"What? No way, it's been nearly a week. You've been having them every single night? Please Camo, tell us." Dad said as they both held my right hand. Both of them leaned in closer listening to me.

I broke down in tears remembering the dreams. My mom instinctively hugged me and lulled me to stop and tell her what's happening. I felt her open one of her arms to let Dad in the hug as I cried. Literally sucking my tears up, I leaned back from them and wiped my eyes. "They're bad, Mom. The dreams are bad."

"It's alright baby, tell us what's happening. You trust us don't you?" Dad got up and quietly closed the door for privacy as she said that. I nodded, and proceeded to tell them what I'm seeing, and what the mystery person is doing to me.

"I don't know who he is, or why I started having them all the sudden. I haven't watched any movies or crap. They've progressively gotten worse. Now I see him from an above point of view, beating me. Bad," I began sobbing again and my dad took my hand, and told me to continue. "After he beats me, he takes my clothes off, and..." I collapsed forward crying. Mom caught me as Leland got up cursing, seeming to be mad. "Dad, please don't be mad, I'm sorry..."

He immediately came back and looked me in the eyes, "No baby, no. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad that you're having nightmares like this! That motherfucker isn't getting anywhere near you. That's a promise!" He said loudly, and clearly pissed. I was confused to why he was talking like he knew who the person was. I asked him why, and he exchanged looks with my mom, then she looked at me. She had her bad news face on, and that worried me.

"Campbell, this is so hard to tell you. I've been avoiding it, but I think it's time." She gave Dad a questioning glance, who was so angry he couldn't sit down and his face was going red. He gives a small nod looking her dead in the eyes as she begins to speak to me again.

"The reason that your father is so upset is because the person you're describing in your dreams doing this to you... It sounds just like your biological father." My heart sank to my gut. My mind went blank. I couldn't think of what to say. I was in shock and fear, and my expression showed it. "You're old enough now that I know I can tell you the entire story about him. It's going to affect you, and it sucks it took this to get here, but whatever. Here it goes..."