Part 5

My eyelids cracked open as a song of a bird echoed in my ears.

I rolled over seeing a mound in my bed.  I had forgot Cora had Ben in my room last tight and Scared me.

I rolled out of bed and walked down the hallway and down the stairs.

My parents were sitting in the living room watching tv when I walked into the kitchen.

This was the first day I had completely forgot about the incident.  I pulled the frozen waffles out of the freezer and stuck them both into the toaster.

2 min, to be exact.

As I waited for my toasted delight I scrolled through my snap chat.

Reality hit me when I saw 52 snap chats.

My heart sank into my stomach and dread filled me.  I really didn't want to see what my friends said.

I opened the app.

But I had to do something sooner or later.  There was like 20 from Charlotte and I opened them all.

Most of them said:
--------------------------------------------
OMG are you ok Cassie😢

I miss u so much Cass❤️
--------------------------------------------
School was today and it haunted me to go back but I missed Charlotte and Blake's company on my walls.

I could go tomorrow, I thought reaching to grab my waffles from the toaster and smothering them with butter and syrup.

It would be too embarrassing, what would everyone think.

Probably that a murderer was walking school ground.

Anxiety flushed through me as I was deep in thought, taking bites of waffles.

I pushed the idea away and clomped up to my room.

When I got there I looked to my bed and the lump was gone.

Just then Cora brushed past me saying "Good Morning Cass".

"Morning", I replied, a smile spreading across my face.

I went into my closet and picked my outfit for the day.

As I got dressed I walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and did my hair