♥40

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." 

                                              ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Meaning:  :"Do you practice what you preach?" I think this is what Mahatma Gandhi is trying you ask you through his quote This quotes says you to practice and actually take some actions to the things  that you want people to do. If you ever want the world to be peaceful, then you should first practice it yourself without having any hate , any ego towards others and only then can you pass on the same to others.

I will tell you a small story about what happened with Gandhi once. Once a woman came up to him with her son at her side in order to have an audience with him. Once she met Gandhi she said "Gandhi(ji), please tell my son to stop eating sugar every now and then. It is affecting his health and ruining his teeth. I cannot do anything to stop him.  He always lies to me when the topic is about sugar. I am afraid he will become a liar one day. Please tell him to stop."

Gandhi looked at the boy for a long pause and then said "Come back to me after 2 weeks time."

Two weeks later when the woman returned. She said "We have returned. We came to you for help with this boy and eating sugar and you asked us to come back after two weeks."

Gandhi said "Yes,I remember." Then Gandhi called the boy, put his hands firmly on the boy's shoulder, looked into his eyes and said "Don't eat sugar!"

The mother was flabbergasted to hear just those three words and said " That's it? You could have said those three words even when we came before."

Gandhi replied "Two weeks ago I was still eating sugar myself."

So what do you understand from this? You should always try to practice what you preach.