Six

Lauren had been with them for two days. They had been trying to potty train the girl. They also had a pile of newspapers and doggy pads in the area Lauren liked to urinate at. They had many toys scattered around that Lauren liked to chew on.

They were trying to help on Lauren's attention span. They wanted the girl to be able to keep her attention on one thing for enough time to know what was happening. The last thing they wanted was Lauren getting hit by a car just because she didn't pay attention (although Lauren knew nothing about traffic and needed to be taught that too).

-

"Hand. Come on, hand."

"Mani, she's not an actual dog."

"She was raised as one."

She stared at the girls in front of her. They were all sitting in front of her. 'Normani' had her hand out. There was a 'treat' in the other hand. Lauren wanted the treat. It tasted good. It was better than what she had at home. She missed home. She missed Mother and Father. She missed Brother.

'Camila' sighed and grabbed Lauren's hand. She placed it on the Normani's hand. "Hand."

Normani gave Lauren the cookie, who shoved the whole thing into her mouth. The one named Ally reached over and wiped her mouth. Lauren moved her face, not liking the thing on her face. She just wanted more cookies.

"Hand," Normani repeated, a new 'cookie' in her other hand. Lauren looked at the cookie then the hand, before placing her hand on Normani's. She grinned when the girl gave her the cookie.

"See, we can train her."

-

Dinah had clipped a fake tail on Lauren's pants and had been watching the girl run in circles, trying to catch it. Lauren had caught it a few times, but always slipped through her fingers.

"What are you doing?" Normani asked, sitting next to the other girl.

Dinah smirked. "I always wanted a puppy."

Normani laughed. "Camila and Ally are going to kill you."

Dinah shrugged. "They won't find out." She grabbed the squeaky toy they had gotten to distract the girl and squeezed it. She grinned when Lauren looked at her, a small frown on her face. Dinah threw the squeaky toy and watched as Lauren ran for it. "Lo," she called, holding out a cookie.

Lauren's eyes were on the cookie. She ran to Dinah, wanting the cookie. Dinah grinned. "Toy."

Lauren tilt her head, confused.

"Toy," Dinah repeated, holding her and out.

Lauren looked at it. She leaned over and licked her hand.

"Ew!" Dinah exclaimed, shaking her hand. She dropped the cookie. Lauren dropped the toy and grabbed the cookie, shoving the whole thing into her mouth.

Normani was laughing and laughing. Her gasped for breath as she laughed. Dinah shot her a glare while she wiped her hand.

Lauren let out a small whine and placed the toy on Dinah's lap.

"At least she's smarter than an actual dog," Normani said, shaking her head.

Dinah sighed and grabbed it. She tossed it across the room, smiling when Lauren ran to grab it.

Lauren returned the toy and looked at Dinah, waiting for her treat. Dinah gave it to Lauren, who happily ate it.

It didn't take long before Dinah's arm started to hurt. She shook her head at Lauren, who was pouting at the lack of cookie. Dinah turned to Normani.

"You wanted to play fetch, you get to break the news to her," Normani said, shaking her head. Dinah sighed and turned to Lauren.

"I'm tired Lo, we can play later," Dinah said, dropping the toy onto the ground. Lauren grabbed it and placed it back on Dinah's lap. Dinah dropped it, and Lauren returned it.

The girl sighed, letting her head fall back. She suddenly sat up. She grabbed the bag of cookies and handed them to Lauren. The feral girl grabbed it and started to eat the cookies.

"Ally and Mila aren't going to like it," Normani said, grabbing the remote control, with a teasing tone.

Dinah sighed, closing her eyes.

-

Dinah jumped when she felt something hit her. She looked around to see Camila glaring down at her.

"What?" Dinah asked, rubbing her face.

Camila threw the fake tail and pointed to Lauren, who was whining, her face covered with pieces of cookies. The feral girl was holding her stomach.

"She's not feeling good, because of all the cookies you let her eat," Camila told her, glaring, "she's not a dog, Idiot."

"Those were just cookies. They weren't that bad," Dinah said, trying to defend herself.

Camila sighed, rubbing her face. "She's never had cookies like that before. Her stomach isn't used to it."

"Oh," Dinah whispered, her eyes wide. "Oops?"

Camila rolled her eyes and walked to Lauren, trying to help the poor girl up. Lauren whimpered, looking up at Camila.

"I know Lo, let's try to make it all better, yeah?"

Lauren let herself be lead out of the room. Ally laughed as she sat down next to Dinah. "You're in the dog house now."

Dinah turned to Ally. "Shut up."

Ally just laughed even more. She grabbed her phone. "Mani is making dinner. Go help her."

Dinah sighed. "You guys are always bugging me about something."

Ally just laughed. Dinah walked into the kitchen, knowing she wasn't going to help. 

-

Lauren had her eyes closed, her whining finally ended. Camila had placed Lauren in bed and was rubbing her stomach. It had calmed the girl, as she slowly fell asleep. Camila just watched Lauren sleep, her hand rubbing circle's on the other girl's stomach.

Lauren let out a content sigh, her leg twitching.

"You know, you make hard to say you aren't a puppy," Camila said, shaking her head. She made sure Lauren was asleep before heading out of the room. She grinned at the other girls.

"How's Lo?" Ally asked, looking up from her book she had read for class.

"Sleeping. Her stomach isn't bugging her. I'll wake her up for dinner later.

Ally nodded her head. "That's good. Clara called me though. She said she and Mike want Lauren to meet Taylor and Chris," Ally announced.

"Does she want us there? Or does she want it to be family only?"

"We're Lauren's family now, so she's okay with us being there. I kind of want to see how Lauren reacts in her old home, you know?"

Camila nodded. "Let's set up a time and day."

Ally smiled. "This is going to be good for her."

"I know."

"Dinah! You're going to burn it!"

"We'll all be safer with the Jaureguis than here."

Camila laughed, standing up and moving to the kitchen to see if anything else was on fire.