Chapter 3: Yana's babysitter

Chapter 3, Yana's babysitter

Naruto arrived at Ichiraku's ramen shop, his meeting with Nazo buzzing through his head. Upon noticing Yana, Ayame let out a very loud squeal and begged Naruto to let her hold the baby. Teuchi was also delighted to see Yana, though not to the same level as his daughter.

Naruto allowed Ayame to hold Yana as he ate his ramen (He'd ordered five bowls) And explained how and why he adopted her.

"You'll make a great father Naruto" Said Teuchi.

"Thanks, I'll do my best" Said Naruto as he finished his third bowl of ramen.

Ayame, who hadn't really been paying attention to Naruto's story since she was too busy playing with Yana, looked seriously at Naruto and asked "Who're you going to leave her with when you're on missions?"

Naruto dropped his chopsticks in surprise at this question "Uh... well, I hadn't really thought about that" He said.

Ayame squeald again and yelled "In, that case leave her with me, I'd love to babysit her"

"Sorry Ayame, we're working everyday of the week, we can't take care of her" Teuchi said sternly, Ayame frowned at him.

Naruto picked up his chopsticks and continued eating. Why didn't it occur to him earlier, Yana couldn't come with him on missions, who was he going to leave her with when he was on missions?

Naruto finished his fith bowl of ramen, payed the bill, took Yana back from Ayame and headed home.

As he walked Naruto went through a list of the people he knew and trusted 'Hmm... I know, I'll leave her with Iruka, he'll... be too busy teaching at the academy. Grandma Tsunade? Probably say she's too busy. Shizune... no, she'd probably be busy too. Kiba... Maybe not. Kakashi-sensei's still in hospital, besides he'd probably be on the mission with me. Pervy sage... No, no and no. Ino. Nah. Shikamaru would probably say it was too troublesome. Choji? He probably wouldn't be up to it. Bushy brows... no way. Neji? Probably not a good idea. Tenten... no, I don't know her that well. Shino's way too creepy. Hinata... hmm, yeah, maybe I'll ask her'

By the time Naruto returned home Yana had fallen asleep. Naruto gently placed her in her basket and went to bed.

Naruto was awoken the following morning by the loud cries of his new dughter, Yana. Naruto hurried to her side and leaned in close to her, trying to see what the problem was. Judjing by the foul smell coming from her, Yana needed a diaper change.

Naruto sighed as he grabbed the book Tsunade gave him, flipped through the pages and found the one that explained how to change diapers. Naruto read through the page, he was about to get started but then felt he needed to read the book again. After reading the page a second time Naruto read it a third time and then a fourth.

Deciding to just get it over with Naruto pulled off the dirty diaper and swapped it for a clean one. Naruto dropped the dirty diaper in a trash can and rushed into the bathroom to wash his hands, which he did five times.

Naruto returned to the bedroom where he found Yana rolling around on Naruto's bed where he had left her.

Naruto took Yana's bottle out of her basket, filled it with milk and fed Yana. After gulping down all her milk Yana went back to sleep. Naruto smiled at his daughter and placed her back in her basket.