Bad Company

I thrown my head back against the black leather seats in my car, sighing loudly as I do, breaking the silences of my parked car. I glare out of my car window, watching my mother's house.

Waiting won't make it easier.

I think to myself for encouragement to open my car door and walk over to the house where my mother, and an unidentified visitor, are waiting for me.

I take another deep breath, unbuckle my seatbelt and open the door of my car, stepping out the cold wind struck me, so I make haste to the door of the house.

I knock on the door, instantly my mother swings open the door.

"Jotaro! I knew you'd come over!" She says with a wide smile across her face.

She leaves her spot in the doorframe and comes to me with open arms, wrapping them around me.

Ugh; stop.

"Get off." I demand, looking down on her.

"Okay." she says politely and she quickly let's me go.

Still smiling she steps up and heads into the house, I follow behind, closing the door as I walk in.

Instantly I see my grandfather, along with two other guys, the two other men are obviously not American like my grandfather. One in robes and is dark in skin tone, the other white and wearing some weird style of clothing.

"Jotaro;!" My grandfather says stands up and starts walking to me, with a smile.

"What do you want, old man?" I ask in a harsh tone, stuffing my hands into my pants pockets, I'm upset that the person I drove out here to see was just my stupid grandfather.

"Well, don't be too excited to see me." He says as he continues to approach me and roughly pats my shoulder as he reaches me.

Before I realized, the man wearing robes was standing before me with a out stretched hand, and a smile.

"Hello Jotaro." He says with a thick accent.

"This is Avdol, a good friend of mine." My grandfather chimes in.

I pull my hand out of my pocket and shake Avdol's hand. I may talk back to my own family members, but I have, at the least, decent manners for meeting people.

Introducing me to his friend? Grandpa is weird.

I glace over Avdol's shoulder to the other man.

"That is Polnareff." My grandfather gestures to the funny clothed man.

When his name is called, Polnareff, he wips his head around and looks to our direction, he smiles and waves at me.

My grandfather turned and heads back to where he was sitting, before I walked in, Avdol heads back as well.

"Well, don't just stand there Jotaro, come sit!" My grandfather says as he pats the seat next to where he was now sitting.

As if I'd sit next to you, old man.

I think to myself as I walk to the other side of the table and purposely sit directly across from my grandfather, and next to Avdol, but Avdol doesn't seem to mind.

My mother walks in with a tray of cups, and sets the tray on table, I catch the recognizable fragrance of coffee as soon as she does.

"I made coffee, you must be tired after traveling here from so far away!" My mother says while looking in the direction of my grandfather.

"Ah! Yes, thank you Holly." My grandfather says with gratitude in his voice while smiling at my mother as he grabs the cup closest to him from the tray.

"Thank you ma'am." Polnareff says in a French accent as he reaches his, surprisingly muscular, arm across the table and grabs the cup of coffee from the middle of the tray.

At the same time Polnareff grabbed his cup Avdol grabs the closest cup to himself.

"Thank you Mrs. Holly." Avdol says as he puts the cup of coffee to his lips.

"I made coffee for you too Jotaro." My mother tells me.

"No, I had coffee with Kakyoin this morning." I tell her as I pull my phone out to check the time, 7:47 a.m..

Almost eight.

"Who is Kakyoin, your girlfriend? You should have invited her over, I would have loved to have gotten the chance to meet her." My grandfather says as he smiles at me.

"Oh no, Kakyoin is a guy friend, father." My mother tells my grandfather before I could say anything to him.

"Wha-!" My grandfather gasped at my mother.

"So your still single!?" He shouts at he whips his head around to face me, slamming his hands on the table, rattling Avdol and Polnareff's cups which had been set on the table earlier.

What? Why would that equal I have no significant other? Is it an American thing?

My head fills with questions.

"Why are you so interested in my love life, is it because you don't have one of your own, old man?" I ask my grandfather in a sharp tone

"Not at all!" My grandfather crosses his arms.

"I was just excited to tell you some tips on how to get ladies." My grandfather states proudly, almost shining with pride.

Avdol leans over to me.

"It's the only thing he's been talking about telling you for days." He quietly tells me.

Avdol goes back to his original poster.

"That just makes it sound pitiful!" My grandfather shouts at Avdol.

"It's true, is it not?" Avdol chuckles as he smiles at my grandfather.

"It maybe true, but you don't need to tell him!" My grandfather shouts back to him.

He is so childish, and isn't this weird? I need to ask for advice from someone and here comes my grandfather, honestly I would really rather get advice from someone closer in age. Avdol maybe? I don't really know him, but he seems like a nice guy, he probably has some good tips. Do you use tips to "get ladies" on guys, do the methods work on guys? Worth a shot, better then my own methods, of just staring at him.

"Avdol." I sternly say grabbing Avdol, Polnareff, and my grandfather's attention.

"Do you have tip on hitting on girls?" I nearly choke on the last of my words.

Everyone's face went blank.

"Aw; My boy has a crush!" My mother breaks the silences, with an annoying high pitch squeal.

"Your boy also doesn't know any manners!" My grandfather says crossing his arms and sounding offended at what I had asked Avdol.

"B-but your grandfather wanted to tell you his tricks on girls." Avdol replys with a surprise tone and expression.

"He's also much older then me, his methods are probably worthless by now." I say.

"Hey!" My grandfather shouts at me.

"True..." Avdol mutters, reaching up and placing his hand over his mouth as if coming to a great realization.

"You're turning against me Avdol?" My grandfather gasp.

"He has a point Mr. Joestar." Avdol says apologetically to my grandfather.

My grandfather turns away and huffs, having a tantrum because I won't take his advice.

"If Avdol can share advice with you can I?" Polnareff asks me excitedly.

"Sure." I reply casually.

I did it! Yes.

My mind rushed with excitement, I could finally start moving forward with Kakyoin.