Cliche

After arriving home, I lay myself onto my living room couch, I lay it's whole length. I breath deeply though my nose, and breath with my stomach, letting out a sigh and ending it with a groan.

Listening to Polnareff's "advice" was draining, because his "adcice" wasn't advice at all, he just told storys of how he had picked girls up. At least Avdol gave advice that was useful.

I think about the advice, I realize that I haven't had a thing today, besides coffee with Kakyoin.

I stand up, from the couch, and walk into the kitchen, which is connected to the living room. I open the top cabinets, above the counters, grabbing a cup from inside. I turn towards the sink, and placing my cup under the faucet, turn the cold water handle. The water gushes from the faucet into the cup, this fills the cup almost all the way before I turn off the water.

I lean against the counter, and think about the advice I was given, of course some of the advice I was given shouldn't be used when talking to a guy, but that didn't matter. I have advice and I'm happy with that.

I lift the cup to my lips and tip the water into my mouth, feeling the cold water run down my throat.

"Invited her over for dinner." The words of advice ring in my ears.

How cliche...

I think to myself, considering to drop the idea.

But, I always enjoy it when Kakyoin invites me over for a good home cooked meal, maybe I will.

I set my cup on the counter and pull my phone out of my pocket, to text Kakyoin. I know Kakyoin is off tomorrow, so it can work out.

Wait, I need to know what I can make, as a meal, and tidy up before I invited someone over.

I convince myself that I should be preparing for Kakyoins arrival. I begin to set down my phone.

But, if I don't ask right now then he could make other plans before then.

My house isn't a mess, just a bit cluttered. It will only take a moment to clean, but he could be taken if I don't ask him.

Standing there, clutching my phone, I breath in deeply. Slowly, typing up a message to Kakyoin. My thumb hovers over the send button, but in hope of Kakyoin coming over to my home I send it.

To Kakyoin via text: "Hey, do you think you could come over for dinner tomorrow night?"

I set my phone down on the counter, my fingers slide off of it, my phone chimes.

Quickly grabbing it and bringing it close to my face, I read the text.

From Kakyoin via text: "I'd love to come over, want me to bring anything else for dinner or do you have it under control?"

I'm awestruck of how fast Kakyoin texted back, but filled with joy that he wants to come over.

Is that even humanly possible? Well, it just happened, so I guess. Wait, he's at work, why is he even texting back right now? And "under control"? Does he think that I'm going to burn dinner along with my house?

The thoughts shot thought my head, but they quickly leave as I begin to text back.

To Kakyoin: "I'm fine, you don't need to bring anything"

Once again, thoughts, shoot into my head and stops me from sending the text.

Wait, what if I do need something else for dinner?

I set my phone down on the counter, and check my fridge to see if I have vegetables and fruit.

No fruit, ok...

I stand up and closes my fridge door.

I'll just ask him to bring some friut, but what kind? Maybe I should leave that up to him, or no? Should I ask for something particular? Well I don't even know what I'm making, but Kakyoin really enjoys pasta, I should make that for him. What fruits go with pasta? I guess that depends on the fruit and pasta.

Many thoughts run though my head as I scrabble for a plan.

I'll just leave it up to Kakyoin, I trust that he'll bring something good.

With my rough draft of a plan finished, I pick up my phone and delete the text I have typed up, I begin to type up a new text.

To Kakyoin: "Good, and could you bring some fruit over? Thanks."

I send the new text to Kakyoin, I realize my cheeks are hot and my heart is pounding, I put my phone down. I hunch on my counter top and push my finger though my hair.

What am I? A school girl!? I'm getting flustered over a simple text?

I sigh loudly, and try shoving my thoughts away, and focus on tidying up my house.

I just need to distract myself from my thoughts, and tomorrow will be here before I even know it!

Even though I'm telling this to myself I know it's not true, I know that I won't sleep tonight because of my thoughts like I do every night.

I begin cleaning my kitchen, a few dishes, the counters, etc. Next, the living room, Then, the bathroom, and so on.

I sit on my couch, and begin thinking about tomorrow.

Shit! I still need to pick out what kind of pasta.

I stand up and rush to my kitchen, to check what kind of pasta I have. Checking the cupboards above my kitchen sink and under my counters.

I have none, I'll just go in the morning, before Kakyoin comes over. Ok, yeah, that works.

My thoughts calm down, and I realize I'm very tired.

I guess stressing over the smallest thing does that to you, but at least I'll go to sleep tonight, I think I've forgotten what good sleep feels like.

I chuckle to myself, as I walk down the hall to my bedroom.

I'm too tired to shower tonight, I will in the morning.

I pull my shirt over my head and pull my pants off, crawling into bed next to my bodypillow.

I spoon the bodypillow, shoveing my face into a soft mass of pillow. I flip the fluffy blue blanket corner over my shoulder, and snuggle the rim of the blanket into my neck. I let the heaviness of sleep drag my into its comforting, warmth, but in the numbness of falling asleep a thought comes to my mind. A simple thought, but not any less a thought.

Tomorrow, Kakyoin will come over and too see me, just me, it will be our day, our time.

The thought begins to slip away, as well do I, into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: Sorry this took forever, I'll try getting the next chapter sooner! Again sorry for the long wait.

Also, shoutouts to my friend frosch444 who helps me with these chapters.