[Chapter 01] - She's gone

William

I pull up in the driveway to see all the lights off.

Nooras probably sleeping. It was pretty late I got a little carried away at work. 

I quietly creep into the house hoping not to wake her I place my briefcase down at the front door and loosen my tie.

I get a strange surge of loneliness walking further into the cold house reminding me of the day my mom left me and Nikolai back in Oslo.

Opening the room door I unbutton my shirt and strip the remainder of my clothing off leaving me in a pair of briefs before kneeling into our bed I suddenly notice the extra weight on the bed missing I begin scanning my hands across the bed searching for a sleeping Noora in a panic I began calling her name "Noora!?" I call but am matched with silence and the pitch black room "Noora!" I call again flicking the light switch to see our plain white room.

Everything seemed to be in check as I scan the room but as I reluctantly walk towards the closet a wave of sadness rushes over me Leaving a cold feeling in my heart. I slide the closet open to reveal all my suits neatly pressed and hung but notice Nooras shoes and coats are gone they're all gone "Noora! Noora!" I panicked searching through the rest of the house calling after her I quickly pull out my phone looking for her contact. The dialling tone sounds but its sent straight to voicemail.

I sit on the couch in our lounge worried about where she was and why she had left. Why didn't she tell me she was going somewhere? I call Chris not knowing what to do or even where to look "William?" He answers almost immediately "Its Noora shes not here and all her stuff gone can you ask Eva where she is?" I knew for sure he was with Eva they've had a weird whatever you'd call it for months now "Uhh..." he hesitates before answering "Uh...Eva doesn't know" I could tell he was lying "Chris," I say in a stern tone still worries about Noora "I'll be in London tomorrow at 6 we can talk then" he replies confusing me "CHRIS WHERE IS NOORA" I demand but am matched with the line going dead. I grunt in frustration picking up the thing closet to me hoping to smash it I'm just about to smash it into the wall when I realize I'm holding the guitar Noora played the first night she came to my house back in Oslo.

I sit back on the couch and run my hands along the guitar strings closing my eyes playing that night back in my head I smile at the memory of her sweet voice filling the room with the small fragments of her warm laughter still invading my mind.

Her laugh. Something I haven't heard in a while. I'm so stupid I've been so caught up in work I barely have time for her anymore. Tears well up in my eyes as I think back on the past months of our lives we barely talked, we barely even saw each other, I can't remember the last time I told her I loved her, I can't remember the last time I told her how fucking beautiful she was, I can't remember the last time I told her I loved her and now she's gone off probably halfway back to Oslo by now.