Winner:

I dream.
I dream of swords and shields.
Of men and women going to battle, throwing each other to the ground, killing mercilessly.
I dream of guns.
Gunshots that wound. Gunshots that reach for those you love, and try to take them away.
I dream of basketballs, and shuttlecocks, thrown at me. I fall to the ground as they hit me, strong as a bullet, strong as knives, strong as people pushing you into the ground.

I wake up in a sweat. I realize that I have to fight. I have to win. My fear cannot control me.

My fear has taken control of me one too many times. When I hid from the world, lost without my father there to guide me. When I pushed everyone away, because they brought my father back in my memories. When I lost my speech, and remained silent in my suffering, and built walls so no one would ever find me again. Not today. Today, I will fight. I will rise, and I will win.

I am standing in front of Drake and Bilal. A net separates us. Time slows down as Bilal serves, the shuttlecock coming ever closer. I jump into the air, my arm in the sky, my feet barely off the ground. I smash the shuttle into the ground, over the net, between Drakes feet. Mr. Collins and several of my classmates get up and cheer. I could've cheered too. I was back. My brother and Drake could barely catch their breath, I was relentlessly smashing, thrusting, running, jumping, flying, dancing, spreading my wings as I lifted off the ground to meet the shuttle. My movements swift, unpredictable, and precise. I made them run around, while I blocked every shot they made. My racket was my sword and shield, I was a warrior running into battle.
"Okay... We surrender..." Bilal was panting and sweating puddles. Drake looked like he was going to faint. 46 to 0.

Round 2. Basketball. I smiled and spread my wings once more. I tackled, I stole, I blocked, and scored. I flew into the clouds as I threw the ball through the hoop, and fell back to the ground, shaking the very earth I stood on. They whole gym was full of cheering Aasha, and Ananya students. I saw Jennifer glaring at me as I scored my 30th point. 30 to 0. I charged, the ball steady at my side. As, Bilal tried to steal, I turned and made my shot. I missed the first time, but made my rebound was swift, and steady. My opponents once again surrendered, sweating and panting. I won! My peers lifted me on their shoulders and carried me through the halls, even the teachers cheered. I was a queen! A victorious warrior! I was the captain of the team again!

That night, we celebrated in the common room! Gulab Jamun and Ladoos were smuggled from the kitchen. Chloe Bhature was ordered. Songs were sung, jokes were made.

"Alia, sing something!"
I was somehow pushed up towards the makeshift stage. I looked through the pages of the songbooks and found one I liked. I took a deep breath in , strummed a tune on Bilal's guitar, and started to sing:

"I was scared of dentists and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dreams"

Drake was staring at me with wide eyes, Janice was beaming, and Sammy... had conveniently disappeared.

"Oh
Oh and they come unstuck
Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong"

Ok, where was Sammy? I was starting to get worried.

I continued singing, my happiness poured into my voice. Let's just say, I did Vance Joy proud.

"I got a lump in my throat because you're gonna sing the words wrong..."

As I stepped down, I scanned the room again again. No sign of Samuel Abernathy.

"Guys, Sammy's gone."

Drake scowls, and Janice looks worried.

"Maybe he's in the dorm room?"

He wasn't. We found him on the second floor locked in a classroom. He was looking for an iTab charger, but someone locked him in.
"I'm telling you, this has Daya written all over it."
"We can't prove anything... yet."
"Drake, Alia, no."
"Drake, Alia, yes."
"NO."
We walked back to the common room arguing over whether or whether not we should scan CCTV evidence to prove Daya guilty. Sammy convinced us not to.

"You're no fun" I grumbled.