Chapter Seven

POV Taehyung

Jin is gone, I have no idea what happened to him. He went out to work, but he never came back. I waited that night, never falling asleep. I could feel the exhaustion from the lack of sleep but I ignored it. I wondered out of the house, hoping he just fell asleep at the lake. He was sick, I shouldn’t have let him leave for work this morning. Panic spread through me as I decided to check the lake. He had to have fallen asleep somewhere, right?

I walked around the entire lake, no sign that Jin had been anywhere around the area. I even called out his name, but there was only silence surrounding me. I saw something moving to my side, but couldn’t see anything there. I felt one arm go around my back and and hand go over my face as the world started disappearing around me. No, I have to find Jin-

I was out before I could fight it. It felt like I was floating in darkness, voices surrounding me.

“Please, don't do it. You don't have to.”

“Then what am I going to say?”
    “Give him to me, you can say there was a complication when you caught him resulting in his death. Please, Yoongi. You can't.”

There was a pause.

“Why do you care about this human?”

Another pause.
“I can’t explain it, but I just know I will die if someone else drains him. I will never ask you for something ever again Yoongi. Please, I am begging you.”

“That's a bit dramatic”

“Yoongi!”

“Fine, you can have him. But I’m blaming you for his death. I don’t want that on my record.”
“The king is going to kill me.”

“That's your decision.”

I couldn’t comprehend their conversation. I had no idea what they were talking about, their conversation made no sense to me. I then fell deeper into the darkness, unable to hear or see anything. It was just me and my worried thoughts, stuck inside my head.

I opened my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the light. There was a figure beside the bed I was on, their head was lowered. “Jin?” I whispered, my mouth dry.

His head shot up, making me jump. That wasn’t Jin, it was Jungkook. The person I saw when I was at the lake. “Jungkook?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry. The king wanted us to capture you for him.”
    “Why would he want that?”
    “I can’t explain that to you right now. I just need you to understand that I am here to protect you. You can’t let anyone know that you are here. Ok?”

“Okay, but why am I here?”
    “I’m sorry, I can’t explain that to you right now. I am going to leave and find someone to bring you food. Please stay here, it's the only way I know you are safe.”

“Do you know where Jin is?”

There was a flash of emotion that I didn’t understand. Why did he look sad for a second there? “No, I’m sorry I haven't seen him.” He looked like he was keeping something from me, but I ignored it. “Just please promise me that you will stay here while I am gone?”

“Ok, but I need to find Jin. Please hurry back.”

“Ok I will”

He hurried out of the room, leaving me alone. I looked around. There was a bed and a dresser for clothes. I felt out of place, I didn’t want to look at a strangers stuff. I hope he gets back quickly.