Situations

~Chapter 16~

Senri Shiki was very focused on his work, well, actually Zero's work- as the said vampire glared at him from the back of the room. The aged hunter was livid and visibly abashed. Whatever had happened had to have done with Aidou as, when the brunet had called him: Became unavailable and disappeared.

Tired of the eyes drilling into the back of his skull, Senri turned to face the lilac eyed vampire. Arms crossing his chest leisurely, he set back in his chair, watching Zero mimic his movement with a straightened posture instead of relaxing back. Both stare into one another pupils, the black spheres Miosis, undilate, becoming concentrated and showing challenge.

Senri, "you are to be home on your vacation,"

Zero, "and you are supposed to be planning that horrendous ball. Seems we both are up to very different task."

Both owners eyes narrowed as they thought and debated through a simple look. Then Senri sighed and rotated his chair to face his work again. "What happened with Kuran and Hanabusa?"

Zero, "who said it has to do with that idiot?"

The brunet snorted, "that insult,"

Zero, "got me there."

The two stood silent again, Zero making slight shuffling noises as he moved and fidgeted in discomfort. Something was on the hunters' mind, that was for sure. But Shiki could not just request that he spoke out of what it was that ailed him. He simply had to wait for that answer to come willingly.

Rustling fabric, a sigh, and the sound of patting feet. The thin figure of the silver-haired vampire came into view as the man leaned over the desk and glanced at the scattered paperwork across the cherrywood desk. "I am upset with him. But it's not really his fault. Just half his blame... I'm really here as an excuse to distract myself," he mumbles the end, his face turning away, gaze downcasted as the lithe male seemed to think over something of abashment. "Me and Kaname have been getting along, 'well,' but... I want some distance. It makes me feel safer. To distract myself and not think about this. Or after the party."

Shiki raised a brow at the odd way the other spoke in reference to the ball. "Or after the party?" he quoted with slight question. "You make it sound past tense as if it has happened and come to pass already."

Zero made a low whine. "I mean it as in, I am worried about after it happens... I know what will. But I didn't want to word it as a, 'what's going to happen'. I was hoping then you would ignore it."

The broader male hummed consciously, nodding his head in thought as he shuffled the paperwork, cautiously thinking over what to say in response to the other.

The repose was found quickly.

"Well," Senri slightly dragged the words as his eyes caught the report on the recent hunter and vampires squabble. "If you don't want to speak about it. You can keep the knowledge to yourself. But that's as long as you return home now. Or I call Kaname here." This earned a flinch.

Kiryu made a slightly displeased sound, his nose scrunched up and increasing the dip between furrowed brows. "I see your point. I am leaving."

Senri chuckled. "Good, enjoy your days off. See you the day after tomorrow night. The party will be an interesting one."

Another sound of indignation passed but Zero said no more. He instead chose to keep his lips sewn shut, leaving almost immediately.

"Kaname is the keyword to get him to behave... Funny and so Ironic," he continued to snicker out before resuming his attention to the paperwork from before.

A click became audible, alerting the young leader of someone entering and sighed. He could guess who came back. Like Zero would give up so easi-

"Want to see the pic's of Takuma's complete dress?"

Never mind.

Grey blue looking up, Senri meets eye contact with a woman of light chestnut hair. The style was twin pigtails, the length of each tail down past her slender, but well-rounded hips. The woman was currently holding a cell phone, her left hand back behind her and clasped over a thin olive tanned wrist. Following the trail, Shiki felt his lips twitch up at the sight of Ichijo, the poor blonde hiding his face with his not ensnared palm. His face was a bright red, the light flush all over his neck and the top of his ears.

Senri, "no, Rima, it's ok. He will show me when I pick him up on the upcoming night."

The blonde flinched, green eyes low as he avoided the others gaze. "Yeah..."

Senri felt his barely accountable smile edge into a more handsome smirk and Rima gave him a waggled brow before turning to clasp Takuma's shoulder. "Well, guess I will leave you two alone. I know you guys have 'work' to do. Ruka is probably bitchy right now. You know how she gets when I don't pay enough attention to her."

The blonde sighed. "Yeah, I know. Goodbye Rima. It was nice of you to help me."

The girl curtsied, "anytime Takuma."

Toya left the room, closing the door quietly. Ichijo stood still for an awkward minute or two. He was left alone again with Shiki. AGAIN. He was not entirely sure on how to handle these situations. It seemed normal at most times. They would do their jobs, talk with ease, and then part. Just like in the past... But unlike before, words were sometimes dragged, looks were halted in the most intimate of ways, and large hand would linger from his hip to his arm to his slowly flushing cheeks.

Their relationship had changed, and although a part of Takuma's heart leaped, the other froze in fear. He had never been with someone. Never showed an interest in more than just casual conversation. But if one thing was for sure. Shiki had no plans for casual conversation. No, they have been having that for years. Years, and years, and centuries. No, the man wanted to embrace, to feel one another completely, body and soul. He had admitted to that shortly after the conference Zero and he had, and his eyes always relayed that message.

Moving around the table with a smile, Ichigo leaned over to lay down the new paperwork he had in hand and began to clean up the desk, reaching for the paper that was splayed in front of the brunet when his hand was caught.

"Not this one," Senri mumbled pulling the white sheet to his face to analyze again. "This... Might grow into a bigger problem."

Hand still trapped in the other grip, Takuma doesn't attempt to pull it away as he leaned down to look at the sheet himself. "What is it... Oh, the hunter and vampires rally from last morning." Gently using his free hand to pry off the others, the blonde digs through the just placed files and pulls out one with red ink and names. Class, race, and crime had all been written in red and he slid it to the stoic vampire still seated.