Chapter 25: Finally

~Chapter 25~

Hell broke loose for a while after the events of the party.

When Zero woke up, Aidou was holding Kaname by his collar, threatening to choke him as Kain and everyone else tried to calm him down. Half-heartedly.

The ones who actually stopped it was Draco's boy and Ren had dragged Aidou off eventually and the blonde only then, deflated. It was many conversations later, most consisting of Zero being punished to idle watching as everyone took a turn in interrogating Kaname.

Kuran took it all, even telling them that he was glad for it, thankful that they are going to such an extent. Zero was annoyed, but he didn't fight them over it. Aidou was banished from the room with Kain, so that wasn't who he was up against that made Zero decide to sit it out. No, the factor that made him keep his silence was, Ruka... And, Rima...

Takuma and Senri were busy, Draco had no clue what was happening really and was absent as well, as he was busy. But this just so happened to be the day Rima took off with her wife to come to check on him. And when she found out about the "patch up" she felt relief, she was also furious and waited after all of Aidou's initial ranting to go off herself.

Even after it all. Everyone was suspicious of Kaname, Zero himself still somewhat wary. Many days came and gone, and the two, along with the kids eating dinner as a family, or watching a movie. Zero had placed down some rules such as separate rooms and slow growth. Kuran had agreed.

They followed them for two weeks.

And then they started to break down the in-placed walls.

Hands grazing each other, shoulders brushing. Sometimes Kaname would slightly hover Kiryu as he cooked dinner and the hunter would chuckle, smiling softly as he would only sneak a glance back their eyes meeting.

Ren felt mixed on whether to watch it grow so quickly, but Ai was dazed. Watching the love in their eyes...

It was different, clean, clear, pure. She didn't see that hesitation she saw before, nor that anxiety or fear. Just growing joy.

"You did well Ren," She whispered, her cheeks glowing a cheery red as she watched both of their father's smile and slightly flirt.

Ren looked back as well, then at her and hugged her close. "Too early still, I say." He whispered to her. "Even if I did what I did to get them back together."

Al's cheeks just risen even further. "Never too soon." She whispered, overjoyed. "It's never too soon for dad to be happy... Ever."

Ren chuckled. "Which one?"

Al shrugged. "Both."

Ren just shook his head.

...~Author's Note~...

Ok. This chapter is very short. But I didn't want to ruin it and drag it out. It just felt perfect like this. Cute, simple short. A perfect end to this series I started so long ago.

But don't get me wrong, though this is "the END" I will try to add one shots every now and then when I can :)