O N E

Yoon Dowoon is a 16 year old Sophomore at Busan High

His life was pretty ok if you ever asked him. He kept up with his grades and his friend circle wasn't too small nor too big.

There was just one thing he wish he could change—

"Dowoonie!" Dowoon turned in his spot and looked over to his best friend/crush, Kim Wonpil. Sadly, Wonpil always put him in the friend zone. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Mrs.Hong Made me stay back late. I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

"Don't sweat it. I'd wait years since it's you."

"Aww Dowoonie..." Dowoon looked to the boy and gave a sheepish smile.

"This is why you're my Best Friend!!"

There it was.

The Best Friend Zone.

Dowoon sighed and held out his hand to the boy, in which Wonpil gladly took it.

"How were your Classes Woonie?"

Wonpil was a grade higher then the boy. But they always found a way to stick together. They've been best friends since Dowoon was 5.

Wonpil was a very bubbly person. He was outgoing and adorable. He made the girls swoon, and maybe a certain guy too.

"Mm it's all just the same. Nothing new at all. How were your classes?"

"Same answer as yours Woonie. Mrs.Hong seemed a bit more upset then she usually is."

"How so?"

"I don't know. She was just a bit off."

"Wanna..go to my place and cuddle?"

"You don't even have to ask Dowoonie. It's always an instant yes!"

***

It was things like these Dowoon really enjoyed.

Cuddling with his crush/bestfriend and watching movies together. It was one of his favorite things to do.

Nothing could ruin it but;

"Do you know Moon Sooyoung?"

"Yeah..I've spoken to her a few times but..why?"

Dowoon knew why

"I sort of...maybe..like her."

There it was.

The crushes Wonpil brought up. The sad thing was, him and his crushes always got together.

Why couldn't it be that way with Dowoon?

"Oh..really.."

"She's so cute and bubbly and not to mention smart. She goes after what she wants. It's quite attractive."

"O-Oh..You guys would be cute..together.."

"But not as cute as us.."

"Really?? You really think so?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you think I should go talk to her?"

"No! Don't..please.."

"O-Of course! Don't hold back!"

"What if I'm not good enough for her?" Dowoon looked at the boy with a stern look and cupped his face.

"Don't ever say you're not good enough for someone. You're the kindest, most sweetest person ever Wonpil. To top it all off, you're beyond handsome. You're smart and funny and..." Dowoon sighed and shifted his gaze to places other than the boy's eyes.

"You're an amazing person pil. I don't see why she wouldn't date you.." Wonpil gave Dowoon one of his brightest smiles and pulled the boy into a bear hug.

"You're the bestest friend anyone can ask for Dowoon."

After pouring out how he felt about the boy, he was still Friend zoned.

Maybe that was how it was meant to be.

But nonetheless, he hugged the boy back. It was another way he showed his unnoticed affection to the boy.

It hurt him, but in the end,

He was only a Best friend.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

That's how it always has been

And that's all it'll ever be.