Chapter 1- The Flower Bandage

Sweet Pea's POV

It was always difficult to understand what made Sweet Pea tick. Why he was always so angry and picking fights. Especially the one tonight, no doubt the Serpents are going to be blamed and the Bulldogs that started this mess are going to get off Scott free. It didn't matter although his fellow Serpent fighters had taken a hard beating. They were all sitting outside the nearest gas station, and about half of them were drunk and still going strong.

"Sweet Pea! Buy us more beer!" A drunk Serpent slurred out, they always made Sweet Pea go on the beer runs, he was the one that was most believable. Also the fact that he had that hard stare that most cashiers quiver in fear from. Sweet Pea, extremely annoyed, threw his fists in his pocket and walked into the store.

The store itself was nothing special. Just the place with the basic candies that are either overpriced or underpriced with no in between. At this time of night was when the creeps came or when the place was dead as a doornail. Even the girl running the cash register had her head down and asleep. Sweet Pea probably could've stolen it and she would never notice, it would've been all too easy, the small store didn't have cameras and detectors. He walked to the fridges in the back and grabbed a couple of six packs. He made his way to the counter and dropped them abruptly near the sleeping cashiers head. 

"Did you walk into a branch or something? What happened to you?" She looked at him with anger. Probably because he was a Serpent or maybe it was because he woke her up from a pleasant slumber? It's not like Sweet Pea was going to ever find out or wanted to find out.

"Or something. Here's the ID." He said handing it to her.

"I don't need to see this." Sweet Pea thought he had got lucky, if you look closely enough it said he was born on the 30th of February. Some Serpents aren't too good at listening. Or being of average intelligence. "My sister goes to Southside high. I pick her up sometimes when she is lending her car out. I've seen you a few times."

"I could be a super senior." He smirked.

"Your face was in her yearbook as a freshman two years ago. and trust me your face is very memorable. How about I make you a deal?" She said, leaning over the counter with a devilish smirk on her face.

"What kind of deal? What do you want from me?" He smirked back at her thinking he knew what she would want.

"I will sell you this. If You let me fix your face and put a flower bandage on you." The look of absolute shock was set on Sweet Pea's face must have been hilarious because she was hysterical.

"Not what I thought, but, sure, just make it quick, my boys are going to come in if it takes too long." He rolled his eyes. She walked around the counter and grabbed a few things from the isles and motioned for him to sit down. That's when the face fixing began.

It was a little awkward with her, in his face, plus he needs something else to focus on, so he picked her. Much better than focusing on the pain of cleaning the wound. Sweet Pea first looked at her hair, it was a warm brown color and the thick waves were cleanly brushed to make it look soft. Her eyes were a radiant emerald green, they were alert and full of energy, odd considering she just woke up. Her skin was as though she barely went outside.

"So, what happened to you? Did you get jumped by the Ghoulies?" She asked like she truly believed he wasn't the one that started whatever caused his shiner.

"Had a showdown with the Riverdale bulldogs. Didn't end as expected. Our referee had a gun and a Bulldog stabbed himself" He anger rose throughout his body. They were winning too, the Northsiders will never take them seriously after that retreat. "Every Serpent that was there is going to get called in by the police and asked questions. When it was the stupid leader of the "Red Circle" that came to the that tagged the Southside and pointed a gun in my face!"

"Did you at least get a few good punches in? I mean I may go to Riverdale high, but I am not a fan of The Red Circle." When her words hit The Red Circle her voice changed to a more mocking tone. Sweet Pea stared at her. "Also, Archie Andrews with a gun? Who would even sell him that?"

"What the hell is a Northsider doing on the Southside." He asked, glaring at her now that he knew this little tidbit.

"Down my reptilian friend, I can always poke you in the eye if I feel like it. I work here obviously" She rolled her eyes at his tone. "So, petunias or carnations?"

"What?"

"The bandage, part of the deal was that I got to put a flower bandage on you." She smiled at him it made her seem beautiful to Sweet Pea. " You know what. I'll make it a surprise."

She got up and went back to the counter and rang up the beer. Sweet Pea paid and went outside. He looked back to see another person coming in to switch shifts. The corners of his mouth crept into a small smile at the fact that he never seemed scared of his jacket, or him for that matter.

"What is on your face?" Fangs laughed pointing at the band-aid on his face.

"Are those flowers?" Another one laughed at him.

"I made a deal with the clerk. She said she will give me the beer if she patched me up." He rolled his eyes and took the bandage off. He looked down at the bandage it was generic cartoon ones, but written in sharpy it said heal quickly greaser. He put it in his pocket without anyone seeing.

"She must've been hot. "Apparently, they were making fun of him now. "You could've just pulled you switchblade on her,  but you didn't. I think I will go take a look for myself."

"I think the shifts just switched. Don't bother her, just a cashier with a crush or something." Sweet Pea stepped in front of his fellow Serpent. He stood in a position of defense, his arm was out protecting the store, but mostly the girl that was inside it.

"Is our little Sweet Pea in love or something?"He just stood silently waiting for the drunk snakes to get bored and change the subject.

"Little? You are half his size! In height at least. Was she short or tall Sweet Pea?" They started making jokes and kissing noises. A couple of them went as far as to make a pornographic display. Moans and all. Soon enough the darling Sweet Pea had had enough. He got up from the group and started his bike.

"C'mon Sweet Pea! Don't be like that!" They started yelling towards him. "We were just teasing!"

"See you at school." He started going home. Too bad he never bothered to look at her name tag. Although, she had just created a very easy teasing point for his friends because she just had to put a pink flower band-aid on him.