Chapter 10-Early Morning

When Sweet Pea woke up it wasn't to the usual pounding of Toni or Fangs or Jughead on his trailer door. Normally they like to make sure he isn't dead, but this Sunday morning was different. The rain had sub-sided but a stupid alarm that Sweet Pea set was going off like Wildfire.
"What the hell is that? I don't think I have a fire alarm." He groaned into Jess's ears.
"Fuck!" She shot up so quick she almost knocked Sweet Pea out. "I need to get to my shift at pops soon!"
"You work at Pop's?" He asked, it was too early in the morning for him process what was going on. She quickly started rummaging around looking for where Sweet Pea hid her clothes. Yes, he did in the middle of the night, in the suspect that something like this was going to happen. "Why don't you miss it today it's like five o'clock in the morning? Come back and cuddle with me."
"Sweet Pea where are my clothes, I can't run to work in only your shirt." She was in full freak out mode, he got up off the bed and wrapped his arms around her from the behind. He felt her body start to tense up but relax a little bit. He picked her up a bit off the floor and he set he gently set her back down on the bed.
"Is this why you are always so tired? You wake up at 3 in the morning." He said, cuddling in her the bed holding on tight, gently kissing the back of her neck.
"Perhaps, but Sweet Pea I have to go to work today. I need the money."
"You, a Northsider, needs money." He scoffed as she turned over to face him.
"I have debts that I need to pay off, I used to hold down three jobs with school but remember I got fired so just two now." She looked him in the eyes waiting for him to respond.
"You..." he was trying to find the right words, "Are an enigma,"
"Now, Sweet Pea. Where did you hid my clothes?" She got close to his face, her hand grazed down his lower torso causing electricity to move throughout his body.
"Sure you don't want to shower first?" He smirked at her.
"You are heavy sleeper, who's to say I didn't already. Now, where are they or at the very least my pants. I'll wear your shirt there but I need pants." She too knew how this game was played, and was probably even better at playing it. He started letting go a little bit.
"Okay, but I also don't want you taking to bus or walking, let me take you on my bike." She sighed at him looking into his eyes."No one will have to know, I'll take you behind Pop's."
"Fine," She gave up, he got up and started move for the couch. He pulled up on of the cushions and there revealed her pants. "Where the rest of my clothes?"
"I thought you said you'd wear my shirt," his devilish grin formed, she just rolled her eyes and put them back on while Sweet Pea eyed her. "You know, you look good in my clothes. You should wear them whenever you come over her again."
"I think I could make that work," She smiled her disarming smile at him and he remembered that he as well needed to put pants on and his serpent Jacket. She reached down to Hot Dog. "Bye baby, I'll come back to visit you some more you perfect creature."
"Should I be worried?" Sweet Pea joked opening the door. "Let's go Sleeping Beauty."
"Okay, my starts in half an hour a six, but I always like to clock in fifteen or so minutes early. Think we can make it?" She asked tying her hair up into a pony tail.
"I'm really fast, trust me"
"Is that really something you want to brag about?" She laughed, they walked out and Sweet Pea did exactly as he said. He drove her to Pop's very quietly, or at least as quiet as his bike would be, before she left for her shift she planted a quick kiss on Sweet Pea and ran inside. He smiled to himself while watching her scurry into the backdoor. He drove back to his trailer and collapsed on his bed, damn it was early! No wonder sleeping beauty was always asleep! He drifted off for another two hour before Toni came a banging on his door.
"Sweet Pea! Fang and Jughead wanted to go to Pop's for breakfast!" She yelled through the door, he grumbled around and looked around. He spied a ratty back-pack a few groceries, he definitely did not buy any, they were Sleeping Beauty's. Yet, another grin grew on his face, he could think of no better way to give them back to his new secret girlfriend than by visiting her at work. "You better not be sleeping naked again, I'm coming in!"
"Calm your pink pigtails, I'm coming! Already awake!" He grabbed the bag and stuffed the groceries inside and walked out.
"That was fast, what were you doing up so early?" She looked at him as she gave him a shrug, "What's with the backpack? You never carry things that don't fit in your pockets."
"Do I at least get a phone call with this interrogation or are we going to eat?" He asked, giving her a look to back off.
"Okay, let's go. Jughead and Fangs are already on the way, too hungry to wait I guess." She backed off giving him a look.

*******

"Hi, I'm Jess can I start you off with some drinks, might I suggest one of our signature Milkshakes." Sleeping Beauty said not even looking up from her notepad.
"I don't know about milk, but I'd love to see you shake." Sweet Pea so crudely mentioned to get her to look up.
"I don't think that is on our menu, but I am happy to give you a knuckle sandwich if you talk to me like that again." She looked him in the eye giving him a look telling him to back off.
"Little creepy for you Pea," Jughead told him, "Cokes all around."
"Thanks I'll bring those out for you in just a second." She smiled at him for some reason fill Sweet Pea with rage while she walked away.
"What was that all about? Hitting on our waitress?" Toni asked.
"I'm tired and I get flirty when I'm tired." He grumbled, "I'm going to the bathroom."
Sweet Pea walked over to the restrooms and back to back door. He got the bag off his bike and walked through the same door Jess went through just a couple hours later.

"What are you doing back here Sweet Pea?" A voice asked from the door, he turned to see his Sleeping Beauty in all her diner girl glory. He looked at her in the yellow uniform, her pulled back hair, and pencil tucked behind her ear.
"You left your bag in my trailer, I thought that you may want your groceries." She smiled at him, "Hopefully it makes up for my comment."
"Yes it does, my eyes were starting to hurt anyways and my glasses are in there." She said reaching for the bag only to get it pulled away before should could grab it.
"Glasses, I knew you were a nerd, but glasses?" He smirked at her. "Give me a quick kiss and I'll think about give you your bag."
"Fair price, you've got yourself a deal." She smiled as he gave her the ratty bag, she scrambled to grab her glasses from the front pocket and take out her contacts. They were those big, nerdy glasses and Sweet Pea looked at her and didn't understand. How did Sleeping Beauty wearing her glasses make him like her even more? He gave her a genuine smile right before she kissed him.
"I think you're even cuter with your glasses." He had his hand on the small of his back.
"Whatever gorgeous, go back to your breakfast." She hugged him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before she went back into the hustle and bustle of Pop's diner life.