Chapter 5- The Hallway of Broken Dreams

It had been a week since Jess denounced Sweet Pea and her relationship. She had completely backed off from him. No talking, she didn't even sit near him in classes together, didn't even look at him. Everyday Sweet Pea was looking for something to take it out on, whether it be a punching bag, a Northsider, or drinking his issue away. Sometimes all three. Now on the outside, it would just appear that Sweet Pea was throwing a huge fit over a girl he just met, but to Sweet Pea, she was someone that didn't immediately typecast him as a villain. Her smile intoxicated him, along with the way that she was practically good at everything. He met her at a gas station and she fixed him up, he looked for her almost the next day after seeing her.

"Sweet Pea! Focus your cookies are burning! Stop starting at Ms. Atkins! Get you're head out of the gutter!" Fangs pushed him along the oven to take them out. The other kids in the class were snickering about how he just got told off. Sweet Pea didn't really care, he had some low inhibitions at the moment. He had snuck in some liquor and put it in his milk, and to add to his drunken state Jess was happily eating a lollipop right now. 

"What the hell is going on with you lately man? Get the damn cookies before we fail." Fangs whisper-shouted at him. Sweet Pea wasn't even thinking when he reached his hand in the oven and took the cookies out.

"Oh, Fuck! Goddamnit!" He yelled, as the hot sheet burned into his hand. Fangs immediately went for the water but ended up accidentally making it worse with scorching hot water.

"Go to the nurse! And since you are so hyper-focused on Ms. Atkins she will accompany you." Mrs. Renaldo yelled at him. Jess went to go and grab ice quickly from the fridge which she ended up throwing at him. It was almost as cold as her attitude towards Sweet Pea right now.

The two of them walked the hall in an awkward silence. He didn't know what to say, after all, last time he said anything to her, he was a huge asshole. He did catch a glance at her\ looking down at the ground in a somewhat depressed state almost. She never looked at him anymore, her smile, the one Sweet Pea loved so much, seemed to go away too. She wasn't acting like the girl at the counter or the Sleeping Beauty he met in Biology, she was something else. 

"Happy almost Pickens Day." She mumbled out quietly.

"I am sorry, that I said that to you last week. "He said, she still didn't look up to face him.

"It doesn't matter," She sighed.

"It does to me. I don't want you to think it was like that at all. I just met you and I have already made you push me away. I still want to talk to you and get to know you." He tried to get her to look up, to make anything change.

"That can't happen Sweet Pea, I thought I made it clear." She said weakly, he was breaking her down.

"Why are you letting people get in the way of your life? You told that guy off and almost broke his arm. You were a fuckin' badass and now you can't even look me in the eye." She looked up her eyes, were completely bloodshot. 

"What do I need to say? What do I need to do to get you to leave me the hell alone? Do I need to start yelling out lies about you and the Serpents? Become Serpent enemy #1 just so you can stop!" She cried out.

"Stop what?"

"Stop staring me down in class! Stop trying to get me to talk to you! Stop trying to make me the victim! Most of all stop being so nice to me and apologizing for something that isn't your fault!" They had just hit the nurses office. "We haven't known each other very long, but our relationship went very bad very quickly. I am sorry if it hurts, I am sorry that it's painful, but it's what's best for you and for me. So sorry to say this, but Good-bye. Don't talk to me, please! Don't acknowledge that I am there! You have no right to mourn the loss of a girl you don't know. So, good-bye."

She walked down that hallway and didn't look back. Sweet Pea was left their his hand singed and his heart broken. He had never believed in love at first sight, and it was never really true not even in this case. He never believed that anyone could feel so strongly about a person they had just met. He never believed it until he met his Sleeping Beauty.

-----------------------------------------------

Authors Note time

Sorry for the shorter than normal chapter, but I felt that this would be much more dramatic shorter than a very long drawn out chapter.  I do however want some feedback on how I am portraying some of the characters and whether or not you guys want Betty and the Gang to make an appearance.