one.

one.

"well boys, i think that's it for the day," an all too perky kim seokjin says as he turns around the 'open' sign on the front door to say 'closed'.
he huffs as he sets a dish towel on one of the many tables around him. he sits on the surface next to the rag, throwing his head back and closing his eyes.

jung hoseok's the one to take the rag to the back rooms where the washers and dryers are located and throws it into a basket with another two dozen. "thank god. i can't take any more of scurrying around all day."

and jimin- well, he's propped his head up on the butt of a mop. a dribble of drool creeps out from the left corner of his lips. his eyes flutter open every now and then to let everyone he's still alive after a twelve hour shift. accidentally, a quiet snore echos from his puffy lips and that only pisses his friend off.

"are you gonna mop or what, cinderella?" seokjin snaps before heading straight towards the kitchen to scrounge for any uneaten burgers is slices of pie.

jimin's broken out of his daze, his hands are set in motion and before he knows it the mop it making its way across every surface of the black and white checkered linoleum floor.

a red glow beams from the lights above, leaving everything that was once white pink and jimin's skin a purple looking hue. the cranberry-colored lights turn on at eight o'clock sharp every night which is when jimin is finally allowed to leave and return to his shoebox sized apartment half a block away from the american styled diner.

the blonde haired male takes off his apron and and name plate only to set them in a cubby built into the front counter. he loosens his black tie before making sure his phone is in his back pocket and turns around to say a few last words to his coworkers.

"seokjin-hyung! namjoon-hyung's waiting for you. i can't tell if he's coming in or not," jimin calls out for seokjin as he gazes out the glass walls that exhibit the world around him. kim namjoon is sitting in the drivers seat of his vintage car which is a glossy cherry red.

"oh shit i have to put this pie away! we're supposed to go out to a movie tonight and he'll want three buckets of popcorn-" seokjin whines as he chucks the key lime pie into the dumpster through the back door. he licks the meringue off his fingers before putting a glob of hand sanitizer on his hands that smells like straight up bleach.

"yep. definitely coming in..." the youngest of the three waiters sighs.

"hey jimin-a," namjoon beams as he sets his eyes on seokjin and all of his pink haired glory.
a little bell from above the door rings, sending the sound of the clatter of metal throughout the diner.

"hi hyung," jimin croaks as namjoon's lips gravitate towards his boyfriend's. all three of them can hear hoseok yell for the couple to get a room from the kitchen. jimin's eyes grow wide and he tries to look anywhere but at them and their disgusting, awful, traumatizing, and sickeningly sweet selves.

"i'm with hobi-ya on this one," and then jimin can see their tongues heading for one another's. his face twists in disgust, and it almost causes his glasses to drop right off his nose.

"come on hobi! i'm leaving you to the gay,
face-sucking dogs if you don't get your ass here in ten seconds flat!"

the brunette man comes scrambling from the kitchen with his man purse- no, satchel slung over his shoulder and out the door jimin has kept open for him.

"make sure to lock up, hyung!" jimin calls to the cotton candy headed boy whose lips are still locked on his grape haired boyfriend's. he wags a hand in protest, telling them to leave him be.

both hoseok and jimin just chuckle as they shove their hands in their pockets. the summer air has been teeming with traces of autumn the past week. it was mid september after all, and a few leaves had to transition to a yellow shade before several others.

"they're so gross aren't they," jimin protests. he pulls his phone out of his pocket to see if he had received any messages during the past twelve hours.

but alas, jimin has come face to face that he has absolute no social life. zilch, nix, zip, nada, diddly-squat none, and it's been that way for a solemn and lonely 22 years. he's twenty three next month, and jimin can't even believe he's gone 8,395 days without even having a slight crush on anyone who isn't young leonardo dicaprio.

hoseok proudly shows off his girlfriend, seokjin has namjoon wrapped around his finger, and jimin- well he has his rabbit: greatly appreciated, waffles.

it's not like he's ever wanted to date anyways. what if he had been hunted down by a mastermind criminal who spent the last ten years behind bars? or what if a boy with pretty eyes ate oreos... but ate the cookie before the cream? or called the waiter by his first name? maybe he asked too many questions before having permission to ask?

some would say jimin is just defensive. maybe he's just a little socially awkward with boys due to the fact that he was the stereotypical nerd of his high school. so how this high school valedictorian ended up working at seoul's favorite american style diner was a mystery to even jimin.

then jimin is happy with his fixer upper of a life that consisted of baking the diner he worked at's pies and returning home to a rabbit pen full of shit.

literally.

jimin smiles internally while pushing his glasses back up his nose. all is right with the world and he's content.

•••
5|31|18

can't wait to snatch ur weaves!!
if you came from my other book, "foreign", im deadass serious when i say im more excited for this book than that one rip :]

also jimin with glasses is a dream omg
imagine waking up to him and messy blonde hair and morning breath.
only min yoongi can relate :')
•••