two.

two.

everyday is the same for jimin. each day is a carbon copy of the one before. he'll wake up and put on the same attire he wore for two years working at the diner. then he'll head to work, mess around with hoseok and seokjin, and come home to an empty apartment.

it's quite comfortable, really. jimin isn't exactly one for surprises and was comforted with the simple life he lead. hoseok provided enough excitement in jimin's life with wild stories he told to the younger.

the two best friends are really polar opposites. although bothare bright and bubbly, jimin is a single and gay while hoseok proudly flaunts his girlfriend, yoonha. the elder prefers to live life on the edge, and although he tries to convince jimin to come to a party every now and then and meet someone, he just won't budge.

to say jimin overthinks things is an understatement. as soon as hoseok ever gives him a reason to step outside of his comfort zone, jimin comes up with a million more to not. and on a friday night like any other, hoseok gives his friend a call.

"jimin! buddy, how's your night going?" hoseok asks cheekily and a little louder then jimin's eardrums would care for.

"oh i'm rewatching season one of the office, and dwight just-"

"lame! i'll be at your place with yoonha in fifteen. we're going to a party, so wear something spiffy!"

"but hoseok-"

"no buts! well, only if you find a cute guy tonight," hoseok giggles from his side of seoul.

jimin huffs and crosses his arm. he looks at the tv in front of him and pouts over the fact that he can't watch dwight sing ryan started the fire. the blond boy sulks as he takes waffles of his lap and sets him back in his pen. then he drags his feet to his bedroom and looks at himself in the mirror. there are things jimin would change himself. sometimes he's insecure about his glasses and puffy lips. he gets flustered when someone comments on his height although he knows he's not even that short. besides, there are plenty of men he's met under 5'5" even!

but alas, jimin pushes his insecurities away and instead focus on trying to get that damn contact in his left eye without blinding himself. he usually sticks to his oversized specs but he's sure that if he wants look like he's the life of the party he'd need to look a little less nerdy and a little more playful.

the boy takes off his sweater and basketball shorts, tossing them aside to change into a pair of black ripped jeans hoseok once forced him to purchase. jimin doesn't really wear for a top. all he really owns are sweaters and formal button up shirts. neither option would do for him so he retreats back to his closet. he finds a silver silken button down that (unsurprisingly) hoseok gave him to borrow for nights like these. jimin ruffles his hair in the mirror before pushing his fringe out of his face. he realizes that he has forgotten to tuck in his shirt and then puts a simple belt on.

he scrunches his face up with indecisiveness as he really can't recognize himself with the unfamiliar clothes on. although it's a simple change, jimin still feels funny as the jeans really show a lot of skin, and by a lot jimin really means his knees. 

his body flinches and his thoughts subside as he hears a doorbell ring. he scurries to it as he struggles to put on his shoes while making his way to the door. as soon as he unlocks it the door swings open and jimin has fallen on his behind to see hoseok and yoonha looking down at him.

"aw, jimin-ah, you look so cute!" yoonha compliments him. the blond hops off the floor pats any dust or dirt off of him before bowing and saying thank you. his cheeks flame up and he cracks a smile at the couple who are dressed similarly to him.