2. First Day Of School

Cora's Point of View

6:45 AM

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"Ugh." I groaned, rolling over in my bed and reaching for the alarm clock to hit snooze. "Just five more minutes."

Those five minutes went by as if they were five seconds, but I forced myself to get up anyway. The first day back to school is never exciting and I never try to look good for it. Just a messy bun, a t-shirt, a pair of sweatpants, and my Birkenstocks is all I need.
Since I'm a senior, I know my way around the school, so finding my new classes wasn't a struggle, and thankfully I had at least one good friend in every class. Second hour, however, was quite something...

"Settle down class," the calculus teacher started, "I see we have a new student this year."

"Yeah, I'm Ivan. Ivan Martinez." The boy stood up from his seat in the back, the seat that just so happened to be right in front of mine.

"Thank you." The teacher said.

Ivan sat back down in his seat, automatically attracting the girls around him. Questions like "Where are you from?" or compliments like "You're soooo cute!" were spat at him from all directions. He just sat there, occasionally saying a few words and shrugging his shoulders until the teacher got the class's attention again.
My best friend, Trinity, was sitting down next to me, and when class ended, we both watched as Ivan left the classroom surrounded by at least three girls.

"He's definitely a fuckboy." Trinity grinned. "But he is hot."

"Trinity, you need to find someone loyal!" I chuckled.

"I know, I know, but he's tempting." She bit her lip.

"Yeah, he's pretty cute." I agreed. "But he clearly already has hoes and it's only second hour."

"You're right." She finally agreed.

Nothing else interesting happened until lunch.

"Hey! It's Ivan!" Trinity exclaimed, pointing across the cafeteria.

"Where?" I asked. "Oh.... are you sure that's him?"

"Duhhh, who else would it be?" She playfully
rolled her eyes.

"Well I heard that he has an identical twin, and that just doesn't look like Ivan. It's definitely the other one." I explained.

"Oh, well he's hot, too. Maybe if I can't get with Ivan, I can just get with his twin." She laughed.

"Shut up already!" I laughed back. "Quit being so desperate!"

Ivan Martinez

Well, my first day of school in California was a huge success. All the girls noticed me, and I received quite a few new numbers in my phone. What can I say? They love me.
And I've already made some new friends, you know, with the jocks and the popular guys. I think I fit right in, and Emilio does, too. Even though he's more brains than brawn, he's always been friends with the same people I'm friends with. I mean, not to be soft or anything, but Emilio will always be my best friend.

Third Person Point of View

Once the bell rang for school to get out, Cora headed straight to her car. Once she saw it, exactly where she parked it, she looked both ways before crossing the parking lot in case any crazy drivers decided not to watch out for pedestrians. After she got in her car, she inserted the key and started the engine. Before pulling out of her spot, she did look both ways, and there they were. Ivan and Emilio. The twins were walking across the parking lot in the direction of her car.
She gazed at them, at their pretty blue eyes and dirty blond locks. After a few moments, Ivan saw her looking, causing a grin to grow on his face. Just before walking past her car, he winked at her.
And off they went. Just like that. The whole drive home, she kept replaying that moment over and over again in her mind.

Was he even winking at me? Or another girl? He probably just does that to every girl, right?

She decide to invite Trinity over and tell her the whole story. Well, the story that in reality lasted like three seconds.

"He did not wink at you." Trinity said.

"Yes he did! I swear!" Cora exclaimed.

"I can't believe it." She shook her head.

"You're just jealous." Cora pointed out, making Trinity even more jealous.

"Yeah, right." Trinity said.

The truth is, Ivan didn't wink at anyone else that day except for Cora. Should she feel special? Maybe?