5. Ready to Dance?

Third Person POV

The day had finally arrived for the "Back to School" dance, and everyone seemed frantic at school. Even the teachers, and they're only allowed to go to the dance if they're supervising. Luckily, however, the school day was going by fairly quick and all the students were excited and nervous for the night to come.

Calculus class was just seconds from starting when Ivan walked in. Just before sitting down, he said, "Hey, Cora."

Cora looked up to the sound of her name and replied, "Oh, hey Ivan."

Ivan sat down in his seat, but turned around to face Cora. "Are you ready for this pop quiz?" He asked.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Pop quiz?"

"Yeah, last hour's class spread the word." He told her.

"Shit." She murmured.

He chucked. "No need to get upset, I heard it's really easy."

She sighed. "Okay good."

The bell rang for class to start and the teacher immediately handed out the pop quiz with only the words, "good luck." Most people finished within a few minutes since it was only 5 questions, but Ivan was the last one to turn it in, and Cora noticed that he only answered 3 out of the 5 questions. When he sat back down in his seat, Cora asked, "Do you think you did good?"

He replied with, "Yeah, I think so."

     This made her frown. She knew that he bombed the quiz but he didn't want to admit it. Maybe he just didn't pay attention in class the day before?

11:15 AM

Cora's Point of View

"So are you girls going to the dance tonight?" Emilio asked Trinity and I.

"Yeah, we're going together." I replied with a smile. "Are you going?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know." He shrugged.

"Well isn't Ivan going?" Trinity mentioned.

"I'm sure he is, but school dances just really aren't for me, I guess." He said.

"You should still go. I'm sure it will be fun! Especially since you're new here." I told him.

"Okay, fine." He grinned. "But if it's not fun, I'm blaming you for making me go."

I laughed. "Alright."

     Ever since Emilio sat with Trinity and I at lunch, he only sat with his guy friends one other time, which was the day after he sat with us the first time. Trinity, Emilio, and I have become pretty good friends, just getting to know each other and making each other laugh.
Surprisingly, there were only two days when other girls sat with us at the lunch table, obviously for Emilio. You would think he would be surrounded by all the girls in the cafeteria, but I guess the girls here get the memo that he doesn't want them all over him every second of every day. Opposite of Ivan.

4:00 PM

"Emilio better go to this dance." Trinity said while putting her hair up in a bun.

"Don't worry, T. He'll go." I chuckled. "Why are you so worried about him going anyway? You gonna try and get some?"

Trinity grinned and then shrugged. "Maybe."

"Mhmm, that's what I thought." I laughed. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep! Let's head out." Trinity smiled.

Oh, what a night that was about to come..