4. Snapchat

The bell for lunch rang just when I was beginning to actually have a good conversation. Of course. The three of us, Emilio, Trinity, and I, threw away our trash and put our trays away before going separate ways to get to our next classes.
     My last class of the day, English 12, was a little interesting. I sit right behind these two really basic girls. Towards the end of class, one whispered to the other, "You know the Spanish twins that are new this year, right?"

"Yeah, Ivan and Emilio Martinez. They're so hot." The other whispered back.

The first girl spoke again. "I know, right. Well, last night, I went to their house and hooked up with Ivan."

"You did not!" The other whisper-shouted.

"Yes I did, and I would do it all over again. I wander if Emilio is just as good as him." The first girl said.

The rest of the conversation was muffled to my ears, since I was just thinking about what they had said.

Third Person POV

"You know there's that 'Back to School' dance next Friday," Trinity paused, "You should totally ask Ivan to go with you!"

"No, no. First off, it's not even that kind of dance. And second off, Ivan is probably going to hang out with almost every girl there." Cora explained.

"Ugh. Why can't you just believe that maybe he isn't such a fuckboy?" Trinity asked. "He probably likes you!"

Cora sighed. "Because I know he is one, and no he doesn't."

"How do you know?" Trinity raised her voice.

"I've heard girls in class and around school saying that they have already hooked up with him! And it's the second week of school!" Cora exclaimed.

Trinity was dumbfounded. "Oh."

"Yeah, so just stop bugging me about Ivan! It's not going to happen!" Cora yelled, grabbing her things.

She walked right out of Trinity's house and to her car. She was just so angry at the fact that all Trinity would talk about was Ivan! I mean, Cora had been thinking about him just as much as his name left Trinity's mouth, but she wasn't going to admit it. She just had to tell herself that she doesn't like him and that it would be a mistake to do anything with him other than talking.

Cora's Point of View

     When I arrived home from Trinity's house, I decided to shower because showering always calms my nerves and relaxes me. After my hot shower, my mom came home from work just as I made it downstairs. I don't see my dad much because he works the nightshift at a factory, so he's already gone for work when I get home from school and he's still asleep when I head to school in the morning. We just spend time together on the weekends and any other days he has off.
     Besides my father, my mom and I had spaghetti for dinner, then I spent pretty much the rest of the night doing homework and studying for pop quizzes that I knew were coming up. When I began studying, I set my phone on the nightstand in my room and didn't grab it again until it was time for me to go to sleep. Obviously, when I looked at it, I had many notifications. Text messages, Snapchats, you name it. I went into Snapchat first and opened all the snaps from top to bottom. The last one, from three hours ago, was unexpected.

It was a Snapchat from "Ivan 🤤👅"

     Since it was now super late, I figured he was probably already asleep

     Since it was now super late, I figured he was probably already asleep. So I decided to reply with a selfie saying "No problem. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight."

Surprisingly, he immediately sent a photo back:

     Damn. That picture turned me on. I don't even know why.. it's just a picture of him laying in bed with his head on a pillow! I guess I just imagined myself laying there next to him.