3. A Conversation

Third Person Point of View

A few more days had gone by and nothing much had happened. Ivan was already getting with girls, which is not surprising. It was Thursday, however, and Cora had seen Ivan and Emilio every day. Ivan in second hour and Emilio at lunch. Ever since Ivan winked at Cora, they've had no communication.
Well, until today.

It was just a normal day in calculus class. The teacher taught a lesson, then let the students work on their homework assignment due the next day. However...

Ivan turned around in his desk to face Cora. "Hey," He said.

"Um, hi." Cora looked up from her paper.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I just don't understand the homework. Can you help me?" He asked.

Cora hesitated a response, causing Ivan to say, "I'm not asking you for the answers. I'm legitimately asking for help."

This made her smile. "Okay then. What don't you understand?"

"Like all of it." Ivan chuckled.

"Alright." She laughed.

     For the next ten minutes or so, Cora went over the notes she took during the lesson and tried helping Ivan. Surprisingly, he learned a lot better from her than the actual teacher. With laughs and giggles, they seemed to be hitting it off.

"Thanks so much for the help." Ivan smiled.

"No problem." Cora smiled back.

"Oh, and here's my snapchat username in case you want to add me." He pointed to the bottom of his paper where he wrote down 'ivanmart31'.

"Cool, yeah I'll add you." Cora said, pulling out her phone and going to Snapchat.

     After she added him, he said "thanks" and turned around in his desk.

    Since Trinity was sitting right next to her, she had to do something. So, she winked at Cora and wiggled her eyebrows. Cora just mouthed "Shut up!" to Trinity, followed by a small blush.

Cora's Point of View

     Lunch. The best part of my day. Trinity and I always sit together at a small table by ourselves, but today someone decided to join us...

"Hey girls," Emilio started, "Can I sit here?"

Trinity exclaimed, "Of course!" before I could even process what he said.

He sat down across from us. "Thanks. I'm Emilio, in case you didn't know."

"Yeah we know you and your brother. I'm Trinity and this is Cora." Trinity introduced us.

"Sweet." Emilio smiled.

"So why aren't you sitting where you usually sit with your new friends?" I asked.

"I don't know. I guess I just want to meet new people. Make some more friends." He shrugged.

I was shocked. He is nothing like his brother.

"Wow." I said.

"What? Is it the fact that my brother and I are complete opposites?" Emilio chuckled before taking a bite out of his cheeseburger.

"Exactly." I smiled. "All Ivan does is try to impress girls, but you just like making new friends."

"Yeah." Emilio nodded.

"Well, speaking of Ivan..." Trinity paused, "has he ever really had a girlfriend?"

"Not since middle school. He just does one-nighters all the time." Emilio told us. "Don't mess with him. He's just a player."

"Yeah, we know." I sighed. "He asked me for help in calculus earlier today."

"Hm." Emilio lifted an eyebrow. "He aced pre-calculus last year without any help at all. I guess calculus is a lot harder."

"I think he was just flirting with her." Trinity said to Emilio. "He even gave her his Snapchat username."

"Be careful." He chuckled, looking at me.