Chapter VI

The eyes of the demigods filling the amphitheater were glued to Thysia's hooded form. Someone in the back of the group surrounding him snorted. "Please, even if Percy Jackson did exist, he was a traitor to the gods. Half-bloods like him are the reason that we're hunted by the monsters of Tartarus."

"Tell me about this legend of Percy Jackson."

~~~

The amphitheater was silent. It seemed as if everyone was holding their breath as Thysia looked at Jason Grace. Jason's hand went to the hilt of his sword. "Every half-blood on this planet has heard of the legend of Percy Jackson. You can't expect me to believe that you don't know."

Behind Thysia, Anikitos snorted. "How do you know that we are demigods? There are other forms of life in the universe, and Chaos doesn't discriminate in his recruitment. For all you know, this is the first time Thysia and I have been to Earth. If that were the case, I have to say that you aren't making a very good impression."

Piper McLean came up behind Jason and put a hand on his shoulder. "Greatest apologies, soldiers of Chaos. We meant no disrespect. If you could please come sit down, we will tell you about the legend of Perseus Jackson."

Thysia raised an eyebrow at the daughter of Aphrodite, although she couldn't see it behind his hood. He gestured to Anikitos to sit down, and assumed a relaxed position so that no one could tell he was stressed beyond belief. He was about to figure out what happened after he left Earth to join Chaos's army.

"It all happened when Percy Jackson was twelve years old," Piper started. She detailed his first quest, and his anger with the gods. She told them about the sea of monsters, and his jealousy of the revived daughter of Zeus. They listened as she outlined his mission to save his best friend, and his lack of concern for the unclaimed daughter of Hades. His fourth quest, where he resulted in the death of the god Pan, and somehow escaped punishment for his crimes. 

"On his sixteenth birthday, he was supposed to lead the children of Olympus in battle against the armies of Kronos, led by Luke Castellan." At the mention of himself, Anikitos tensed and leaned forward. Thysia flexed his wrist, focusing his energy on Anikitos. He slowly leaned back to his original position, and Thysia got a glare for his troubles. "When they met in the throne room of Olympus, Percy had a choice. Preserve Olympus, or raze it. He made the wrong one. When Luke gained control over the spirit of Kronos that was possessing him, he tried to recruit Perseus Jackson once more. This time, Percy betrayed the family that had given him a home, and turned his back on  Olympus. He took Luke Castellan's hand and sided with Kronos. 

"The Olympians combined their powers and defeated Typhon, and returned to Olympus to find it in flames. Their hero had betrayed them, and sided with their attacker. It took the combined might of Zeus and Poseidon to take down the betrayer. He was sentenced to spend the rest of eternity in Tartarus.

"Even though this was said to have happened hundreds of years ago," Thysia snorted at this, "legend says that Perseus Jackson is recruiting the monsters of Tartarus to rally against the Olympians. If the Rising of the Primordials is truly occurring, then Perseus Jackson is behind it. It's the only explanation."

Thysia looked out over the crowd in the amphitheater. The younger children, who could possibly be reincarnations of those that fell in the Titan War looked upset at Piper's story. The older half-bloods that Thysia had fought with and had led had a hardened look in their eyes, like Perseus Jackson was to blame for their troubles. Though Thysia supposed they probably believed that.

Jason stepped forward, and Thysia stood up to meet him. "After hearing that story, I hope that you'll change your view on Percy Jackson. He was a traitor to his kind, and to the gods."

Thysia stepped forward to stand before Jason, and noticed Nico stepping up to stand next to the son of Jupiter. Oh, sorry. Son of Zeus apparently. "I call bullshit." The amphitheater was filled with gasps, and giggles from the younger campers. "You may believe that Percy Jackson was a legend, but you believe a lie. Percy Jackson is very real, and he's the only reason you are all alive and that this camp is still standing. He swore fealty to the gods, and the only betrayal that happened was the Olympians turning their back on him. So, Jason Grace," Thysia said in an amused tone. "I hope that you'll change your view on Percy Jackson. He was a hero, and the reason you're standing here today, shit-talking him."

With that said, Thysia took his seat next to Anikitos, and returned the offered fist bump. "Now that we have your incorrect views out of the way, I believe we had a meeting regarding the Rising to discuss?"

~~~

Hello everyone! I can't make any promises, but this is going to be a slow summer for me, so I'm hoping to work on all of my stories. I graduated high school, so I don't have much to do this summer other than preparing for my classes in the fall!

I'm trying to get back in the writing groove. If you want to help out, drop me a request! I'll do my best to publish it within a month :)

-Endev