4.

“Promises and commitments are not to break – they exist to built a strong relationship, never underestimate them

“Promises and commitments are not to breakthey exist to built a strong relationship, never underestimate them.”

I still remember mamma’s words. Her teachings had always been there with me. Her each word would give me strength to fight against the challenges in my life; but her teachings must have been an empty words for her, which she would use on me to make me strong.

My mother wasn’t strong; she wasn’t strong enough to fight with her mind – her mind which forced her to commit suicide.

She died with a deep, malicious secret in her heart. It was shocking for me to see her in a depressive state, because I’d not seen her in that condition before. I had always seen her smiling face, energetic persona and lively attitude – was everything fake about her?

Her photo was gloriously smiling at me on the wall, getting accentuated in the flash of lightening. Her eyes had been always carried a stream of deep emotions, and while I was going then to meet Rick out of the farmhouse, her eyes seemed looking at me with those same emotions through that frame of her photo.

Holding my old, black umbrella’s crooked handle, I pushed the door open. Angry wind shoved me back as the door got open, while showers of rain impinged upon my bare legs. I swept the bitsy drops of rain off my shots and stepped out, closing the door behind me, without making any noise.

Papa was in deep sleep, which easily helped me to slip out of the house. It was the first time I’d taken such a risk of coming out for a stranger and didn’t tell anything about it to my father. But I’d decided to tell him everything about Rick next day.

Adjusting an umbrella in my right hand and grabbing collar of white shirt with my left hand, I cowered with fear as clouds once again boomed in the indignant, black sky.

Negative energy was oozing from the surrounding; nothing was stopping it from doing it.

Gulping, I hastened towards the window, where Rick was standing with nervousness on his face. Behind him there was huge tree, which was angrily swinging with the dangerous wind. It scared me a bit, as Rick was standing right under it; but no fear was on Rick’s face. He appeared only nervous – about what, I didn’t know.

“Hey, Rick!” I shook my hand, gaining nervous boy’s attention. A thick wall of rain was already built between us, though Rick’s sharp features was not helping the rain to block his face.

As Rick stretched his lips in an adorable smile, I couldn’t stop myself from holding my breath.

Clearing my choked throat, I managed to say: “Come under my umbrella; you’ll catch fever otherwise.”

My offer must have made Rick uncomfortable. He fidgeted where he was standing and rubbed back of his neck.

“Um I’m fine.” His smile flickered. “I’m okay with rain.”