14.

A F T E R   O N E   Y E A R

“Would you bring that plant to me, Abi?”

“Of course, granny!” I giggled, wiping my muddy hand on my shorts. Picking little flower plant off the table, I ran to granny who was digging a whole in her lovely garden for the little plant.

Running through tiny farm of tomatoes, I handled the plant to granny with utter care. Huge grin spread across Granny’s evermore happy face as she took plant from my hand and planted it in the new pot.

It had been one year since I had joined granny in her gardening business. To put hands in mud and to find out different plants and vegetables had like become my favourite hobby. Most important was the fact that I had left my past back.

When I left papa to never see him again, I had not thought where my life would go. His tearful eyes were pleading me to stay, but I was adamant to listen anything. I had already made my mind to walk away from the atmosphere which would disturb my life. It was hard, very hard for me though.

Papa did everything to stop me, but stopped when I directed my feet to Rick’s house to say final goodbye to Rick’s parents.

One year back...

Seeing sleeping Mr. Maria in her gently lit room, I gestured Mr. Nathan to close the door, whispering her good bye for the last time.

“So...you are going?” Mr. Nathan said as he closed the door, watching me curiously. “Where? I mean...did something happened between you and your father?”

“It was already happening...since my childhood,” I told, chewing inside of my cheek. “Today it has broken for my betterment.”

Mr. Nathan was silent for some time as though he was trying to grasp the strength of my spoken words. He appeared surprised over my tough move, his eyes and countenance was showing it clearly.