Chapter 1

I was walking down the crowded sidewalks of New York. I've been walking for what felt like days to find my apartment building an-

Bump

I looked forward into who I came across, it was an Asian-American woman about my height with straight black hair to a little bit below her shoulders and suddenly this weird thing happened.

I got up and out of my bed, lit a candle and looked at sleeping Betsey she was so calm so peaceful so happy so beautiful. I walked to my office desk and started writing.

This letter,my very dear Eliza, will not be delivered to you, unless I shall first terminated my earthly career; to begin, as I humbly hope from redeeming grace and divine mercy, a happy immortality.

Suddenly I heard footsteps from behind me. I could tell it was Betsey from without even looking.

"Alexander, could you come back to sleep?" my dear Eliza asked.

"I have an early meeting at dawn," I responded and started writing once more.

If it had been possible for me to have avoided the interview, my love for you and my precious children would have been alone a decisive motive, But it was not possible without sacrifices which would have redered me unworthy of your esteem. I need not tell you of the pangs I feel, from the idea of quitting you and exposing you to the anguish which I know you would feel. Nor could I dwell on the topic lest it should unman me.

"Well I'm going back to sleep," my dearest said and was about to walk back to her bed. I started writing again.

The consolations of Religion, my beloved, can alone support you; and these you have the right to enjoy. Fly to the bosom of your God and be conforted. With my last idea; I shall cherish the sweet hope of meeting you in another world.

Before she left to go back to sleep I talked to her for one last time,"Hey," I stood up and gave her a kiss on her forehead, "best of wives and best of women," I sat at my desk once more and wrote my last paragraph.

Adieu, best of wive and best of Women. Embrace my darling Children for me. Ever yours.

I then signed my name sighed and exited the house.

I looked forwards realizing that I was back to reality,"What the fuck," I thought. Then I noticed that the woman I had bumped into was now crying.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her and then she gave me a hug," I patted her head a bit uncomfortable.

"I'm great Alexander now that you're here."

I broke out of the hug, "Wait how do you know my name?"

"I'm Eliza Schuyler...or actually Eliza Hamilton. I'm your wife," she said with a smile as we walked.

"Eliza? As in Eliza from my daydream...wait how did I know her name was Eliza? Wait...Elizabeth it's you!" I gave her a big hug it lasted for a minute or two,"Oh shit. But I'm dead! We're both dead!" I yelled that maybe a bit too loud because people started staring at us.

"I'll explain it to you when we get to my apartment," I nodded and we walked to her apartment building, which was only two block away. The walk was rather quiet...and it was strange because I didn't talk.

When we finally arrived at her lovely apartment she sat me down on the couch.

"This is our afterlife," she said with a grin,"another chance at life!"

"Is it just you and me who remember our past lives?" I asked curiously.

"No, Angelica and Peggy can too. They're still my sisters too. But my other siblings are not my siblings in this universe...I guess? I don't even think they exist in this universe," Eliza stated sadly.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Betsey," I said feeling pity for her, "where are Angelica and Peggy?"

"Angelica went to the park but she'll be back in a while. And Peggy went to the store she won't back for a while."

I nodded and stated, "So much has changed."

"I know," Eliza agreed, "Women's rights, African-American rights, LGBT+ rights. So much equality it's so new it's so great!"

I nodded in agreement,"Tell me about the "new" Eliza sense everything about this is a new world."

Then she started talking alot about herself. She told me about her years in school and how nobody she believed she was from the 1700s. Everyone thought she and her sisters were nuts. So she made no friends. Then after college she gave up on telling anyone. Now she works at an orphanage. She lives with her sisters and loves them to the moon and back.

"I am single but I've been waiting for you and hoping that you'd be here. And my wishes came true. Alexander Hamilton will you marry me again?"

That question caught me off guard. I was about to respond when the door open and I saw a woman who appeared to be a bit taller than me she had dark skin and she had curly hair suddenly a flashback started up.