Chapter 4

I took a feel breath and started,"Elizabeth...Eliza...Betsey I love you so so much," I gave her a kiss on her forehead,"but."

"But?" she questioned me while looking surprised.

"But," I continued,"but I don't trust myself enough if I'm going to cheat on you again. I also need some time to balence out past-self and now-self. I kind of just want to be single and mess around with people and not get consequences ya know?"

Eliza looked devastated and she looked like she was holding back to tears but she took a deep breath and said, "Okay," with the fakest smile ever on, "could you please leave now I need to...think."

I felt pity for her and I really wanted to stay and comfort her but I didn't. I exited the apartment and walked to my apartment building.

~~~

After a few hours of writing somebody knocked on my door. I got up and opened the door, it was Peggy.

"What did you do?" she asked me angrily.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked innocently.

"You know what I mean," she stated, "Why is Eliza crying?"

"Well I-" I tried to explain myself but she cut me off.

"I knew it," she said with a glare, "I knew you broke her heart once again," then she grabbed me by by the arm.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked her.

"None of you damn business," she responded harrshly.

After being in my thoughts for minutes I noticed we arrived at a store.

"Why are we here?"

"Why are you here is the real question. I'm goung back home and comforting Eliza."

"Okay, Peggy what am I doing here."

"Well you're gonna buy Eliza all the stuff she needs for heartbreak...like a good person. She needs tissues, ice cream, and very sad movies."

I sighed nodded and went into the store.

I have never heard of this store before but the name sounded so familiar. It was called Laurens Market. So familiar ,yet, I can't remember.

~~~

After a 20 minutes of shopping I found all the supplies I needed. I went to the cash register I looked at the man's name tag his name was John. John. Laurens Market. John Laurens? It can't be?? How could I forget him I fucking love him!

I looked up at the man's face he was a freckley person with brown curly hair and hazel eyes. For the first time I was actually excited about a flashback.

I sat solemnly when I heard the news. At first I thought it was a dream. But it wasn't, another fear of mine came to reality. Another loved one of mine died. For days I just wouldn't speak. Which was unusual for me. But I was so tired of not doing anything. So I started writing. I started writing a lot because of him. He was my inspiration. We were going to be a team forever. But now we can't because he's dead and I can't do anything about it. Sometimes I just feel helpless because he's not here and he's not comming back.

One time I wrote to him but then I noticed that he was gone. There was no way of sending it to heaven. Unless I go there...which I won't. I won't give up not yet because Betsey is still here. And I love her just as much as I loved-

John then started snapping at me, "Um sir are you gonna pay for your things or not?"

"Oh, Laurens you're here we're here,"I said happily and gave him a hug.

He looked confused, "Um...are you okay?"

"Yes better than ever, Laurens!"

"Dude get off me," I released from my hug, "and why do you keep calling me by my last name? And how do you know my last name," then I heard him mumble, "I know my dad owns the store but no customer knows that."

"I know ypu, John because the flashback!"

He looked confused again, "Huh?"

"You know the flashback! I had it you had it! You should remember me! Do you remmeber me?" I asked him.

He shook his head no very slowly.

"You should remember me! You know me! You love me remember me please!"

"Um Jenn!" I heard John call somebody and immediately I was kicked out of the store.

"Well shit," I mumbled and walked to my apartment building.

Once I got to my apartment I laid down in my bed and starting typing on my laptop. While I was in the midst of writing I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and saw a man that looked exactly like Jefferson but the only differeance was that his hais was in a ponytail and a person with a beanie on his head he was taller than the Jefferson doppelganger and more buff.

Suddenly I had another flashback.