5 Tricks to Updating Faster

5 TRICKS TO UPDATING FASTER

1) Ask your fans to comment.

Don't set goals, though, that won't help. Anyway, I'm not sure if this applies to everyone, but comments always keep me going. Especially if anyone voices their own suggestion, or how they think the story's gonna go. I think about if, maybe spin it, and I got a new chapter.

2) Know your characters.

If they're based of your friends, it should be easy writing actions and dialogue, but if they're not, than you need to get familiar with them. Yeah, you created them, but you should be able to picture them in real life and know what they'd say and stuff. Knowing your characters helps you write more fluently, without it sounding awkward, and sometimes, it can just come to you, or flow from your fingers.

3) Write on the go.

Got an iPod, iPhone, iPad? Write on the notes part if you're not connected to the web. I wrote half of SaS on my iPod, and all the previous chapters of this 'Story' on Notes. You don't have to write a whole chapter, just snippets that come to you is fine.

4) Get music.

Think of a song that goes well with the chapter. I always write to the song of the chapter for SaS. This might not apply to everyone, but music gets me in the mood. Sad song= tears. Upbeat song= Happy. It was 6am in the morning, and an upbeat song came on the radio and I just started dancing around me room even though I was kinda sleepy. See? Music helps.
Put your Music Player on shuffle if you can't find a song. Save any ones you might use in the future to a playlist. It's not as hard/weird/whatever-adjective-you're-thinking-about as it sounds.

5) Don't get caught in 'Writer's Block'.

I really don't believe in Writer's Block. I mean, it's either you've lost interest completely, or you've written yourself into a corner. I do it all the time. Like, I have everything planned out, even bits and parts of it here and there, but I can't get the words to connect it all. Just force yourself to write when this happens. It might be bad, it might be good, but either way, it'll probably inspire you. Get all your 'maybes' on paper and examine them. Choose the one you like best, re-write it if you have to, and then, BAM! You have a chapter.

Yeah, I'm not the fastest updater in the world, but I do maintain a schedule, so...

Nex Tip: Critiquing

~JJ :)