Chapter Nineteen: Secrets to strangers

"We often want one thing and pray for another, not telling the truth even to the Gods." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Melody's POV:

     I walked down the stairs slowly, wondering what happened to my cell phone. As I walked into the kitchen, I noticed his house looked so nice and clean. It felt more like home, rather than anything. It was really white though, and very organized.  

     There was music playing softly. I loved the song so much. If I could only remember who sang it.

Sail! By Awolnation.

     Amazing song! I walked into his kitchen, to find him standing over the sink, washing a plate. He hadn't noticed me yet, so I tip-toed quietly towards him. I snuck up behind him, and put my mouth close to his ear. I screamed, "SAIL!!" at the top of my lungs, hoping to scare him. 

     He didn't flinch.

     "Hi, Melody." He said and looked up at me with a smile. "Nice to see you down." He continued while drying off the plate. He set it on the table, and looked at me, "By the way I heard you." He then pulled a chair out. He gestured me to sit down. I did.

     As I did the song changed to "All I Need" by Awolnation. 

     Landen chuckled behind my chair as he pulled me in.

     I looked down at the empty plate, there was a fork and knife and an empty glass cup.

     "What do you want to drink?" He said standing beside me.

    "What do you have?"

     He smiled at that. "Kool-aid, milk, soda, orange juice, wa-

     I cut him off before he could finish saying the word water.

    "Orange juice!" I nearly yelled.

    He smiled big. He nodded.

    I felt my cheeks turn red. I looked down at the table so he didn't see.

     I don't know if he saw or not, he didn't say anything. So I assume he didn't see.

     I have to stop assuming things, I assumed he didn't hear Alex when he actually did.

     He poured orange juice in the cup, and I felt like a little kid.

    When he was done pouring it, he walked off and I automatically started drinking it.

     I heard him laugh behind me, but I didn't bother to say anything.

     He put a pancake on my plate, and next to it he put bacon on it, than he put an egg next to the bacon. My eyes got wide at the delicious food before me.

     He sat right across from me, and he began eating after putting on syrup.

     I did the same.

     "Thank you." I said while looking up at him, looking at me. He slightly smiled.

    "You're welcome." He slightly nodded.

     Then it was complete silence, while we ate.

     It was making me feel awkward, I never liked eating in front of people. I wondered if he felt the same way. 

     "So, what is a 30 year old man doing with Kool-aid in his house? I'm pretty sure that's a kid's drink." I laughed.

     "Is there something wrong with me wanting to have a variety of beverages in my house?"