Prologue

War is a disastrous thing. When two or more creatures disagree, and refuse to adhere to reason, or when a greedy being decides they will get what they want no matter the consequences, the conflict that ensues can be devastating. Not only are lives lost, but famine, drought, and disease flourish. War is death's best friend, and they long to be side by side.

Close your eyes and imagine your world, the miraculous and beautiful planet of Earth, except as if it evolved differently. Mother Nature is a Goddess, and she gave birth to five lovely children. Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Spirit. These children mingled among the creatures of the world, spreading their powers. Instead of staying as the simple elements, magic has become a vast culture, where one can manipulate all but time and death. Now, most beings use some form of magic. Werewolves mainly use earthly magic, witches use air. Merfolk navigates the waters, and dwarves weld with fire. There are other creatures that use the purest forms of magic, like the elemental Angels who are pure descendants of Mother Nature herself, or the dark demons who lurk in the shadows to prank and discourage the other hard-working creatures.

For many eons, this world continued to be harmonious, with each species living like neighbors in order to survive and gain the materials they needed. Naturally, there were quarrels, especially when the colder times made their rounds year after year. But the Elemental Angels continued to help the world flourish, settling any disagreement with reason and compassion. Unfortunately, every world goes through war. An earthquake shook the earth, causing the lands to slowly drift apart over the years. Demons used their magic to spread famine and fear. While the species found their ways to trade goods, demons continued to make matters difficult. However, as long as the Elemental Angels held their ground and helped discover new ways to travel, new ways to cope with difficulty, everyone held on to hope....