A Mass Of Dogs?- Connor

"I hope you like my apartment. While it is a bit of an unorganised mess right now, it's still home. Oh but I must warn you, my pets are very shall we say...needy"

Connor's attention is clearly piqued by your last statement as he replies, eyes alight, "Are your pets dogs. I like dogs" His childish response makes you giggle as you search in your bag for your keys, retrieving them and slipping them into the lock.

"Yes, they are dogs. But like I said, they love attention, so be prepared for the mass that's about to jump on you"

Eyes filling with curiosity, Connor steps closer to you, inquiring "Mass? The use of that term can be interpreted differently as it has different meanings, so do you refer to the weights of your animals?"

Deciding to let nature answer him, you open the door and quickly push Connor inside, his questions and confused look quickly solved when 10 dogs bound into the hall, barking and jumping at his feet. While he stands there, stiff and slightly afraid, you burst into laughter, which increases tenfold when he murmurs "I see what you meant now"

Still laughing, you grab his hand and lower it down to the closest fluffy head, showing him that they're safe to touch. "They don't bite Connor"

"On the contrary Y/N, in fact, dogs are still animals and have teeth designed to give pain when bitting. Their obligation to bite however will depend on if you have trained them? Have you?" He asks, looking up at you again with a slight tilt of his head.

You nod back, smiling widely, and begin to tell him each name of your dogs reciting them easily. And of course, not surprisingly, Connor begins to say hello to each one, with an added pat on the head too.

"Hello Dave, Hello Waffle, Hello Scar, Hello Donut, Hello Fluffy The First, Hello Choco, Hello Fluffy The Second, Hello Mufasa, Hello Pancake, Hello Bob"

After he's finished meeting them, you manage to herd the dogs away from him so that he can walk to the couch and take a seat, however, they quickly follow.

"I think my babies have taken a liking to you"

"I don't see any reason why. Our time together has only been small therefore we shouldn't have been able to bond that fast. Anyway, I want to ask you Y/N, why do you have so many dogs. They surely must cause some stress, which can negatively affect your health"

Shaking your head, you walk over and sit next to him on the couch, saying simply "They keep me company"

"How? Dogs are unable to offer emotional and physical support as they don't have the same language capability and touch humans have. They just have a snout and... paws"

"They don't need to be able to speak Connor, they just give you lots of kisses instead," You explain, picking up one of the dogs who proceeds to lick Connor's face, making you giggle again ,"They also give some of the best hugs and in winter especially, keep me nice and warm"

"But I want that to be my job" You hear him faintly murmur, making you turn your head to see him looking down at them with jealousy. You feel your heart take a double beat in your chest when you see his reaction, so you quickly get up and crawl into his lap, clutching his chin so he'll look at you.

"Listen to me Connor. You do look after me and you do give me comfort- these guys have just been keeping me happy until you finally arrived in my life"

That answer obviously pleases him as he looks back down at them, waiting at his feet and strokes them, thanking them for taking care of you making you smile. You press yourself closer to him, placing your head underneath his chin and he leans down, kissing your head gently. "I love you Y/N. And I like your dogs"

You laugh silently and sigh. "I love you too Connor".

You both then proceed to sit there enjoying each others company and the warmth created by the multiple dogs around you. However, the tranquillity is quickly broken when you hear Connor say "Y/N were you by any chance hungry when naming some of your dogs.

You can only laugh in reply.