Perfect - Connor

“Hey Connor, can we pull over for a minute? I need some air”

“Of course Y/N” he replies, slowing down on the deserted road to stop on the side “, Is something wrong? My scans aren't picking up anything out of the ordinary”.

Shaking your head gently, a small smile on your lips, you reassure him saying “Don’t worry. We’ve just been in the car for too long”.

When the car stops completely, you jump out and walk to sit on the front bonet. After turning up the radio, so you can hear it outside, Connor comes to sit beside you, grabbing your hand to rub his thumb across your palm.

For a while, you both just sit there, enjoying each other's company. No cars pass by at such a late hour and animals wandering in the surrounding forests are the only other beings near you. It’s peaceful and it makes you happy that you’re able to have a quiet moment with your boyfriend, away from all the stress at the police station.

Back in the car your hear the radio change to another song, the first few melodic notes of Ed Sheeran’s ‘Perfect’ filling your ears.

“Do you like this song Y/N? It has a nice romantic feel to it”

“You like Ed Sheeran’s music Connor? I thought you said you don’t listen to music”

“I don’t usually but I’ve taken an unfamiliar liking to this song- it reminds me off you”

~I found a love for me, Darling just dive right in, And follow my lead~

“It reminds me of when I saw you for the first time. I was searching the station, scanning for Hank, then I saw you, your beauty drawing me in”

~Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me~

“It was one of my first days at the station and a week after I’d fully been sent from Cyberlife. Everything felt new and you were like an awakening, introducing me to living”

~'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, Not knowing what it was, I will not give you up this time~

“And then when we finally kissed… You made me feel alive Y/N”

~But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine~

“Will you dance with me Y/N?”

~Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song~

Gently swaying, your foreheads pressed together, you both forget about the world and the problems it brings. With each other, you and Connor can find peace and warmth, which you can feel now as he guides you slowly in your lazy dance.

~When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath~

“But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight” Connor whispers, leaning down to kiss you.