Returning Home- Markus

Dedicated to Anime_Girl_024. There is more to come after this.

"Welcome home, Y/N"

You enter into your father's house as the door swings open, your shoes tapping on the tile floor. Clutched in your hands is a box of Bellini paints, gift wrapped with a bow, which you'd bought for Carl as you had missed his birthday last month as you were away abroad, working. Having only just arrived back yesterday, you'd collected the paints early this morning so you could get the chance to spend the day with your two favourite people.

As you walk towards the living room, the door slides open quickly, making you walk into a very hard, very warm chest. Two hands shoot forward to grab your shoulders when the momentum makes you fall back slightly and you hear a deep laugh, followed by "Hello Y/N"

Cheeks red with embarrassment, you look up into Markus' forest green eyes, which are looking down at you with obvious amusement. "Why hello Markus, I didn't see you coming" you reply, stepping out of his grasp and smiling. He returns the action with a small smile and calls out over his shoulder "Carl, a certain person is here. And she's already causing mischief"

A tired, yet excited voice replies "Oh, I wonder who it could be. Is it by any chance my darling Y/N"

"Of course it's me dad, who else can enter their own house and cause trouble so quickly". You gently push past Markus, who turns to follow behind you, desperately trying to hide a bigger smile. When Carl sees you walk in and head towards him, he wheels out from his place at the dining table and meets you halfway, nearly running you over.

"Hey watch it dad! There's a reason you got your driver's license took of you many a time"

"Ah, I'm an old man! Let me live my speed racer fantasies while I'm still able!". Laughing, you lean down and take your father into a hug, which he reciprocates, kissing you on the cheek as your rise back up.

"Anywho, I got you a very late birthday present!"

"Oh Y/N, you shouldn't have bothered. Having you back home is a gift within itself"

You walk over to the dining room table and take a seat, placing the wrapped box in your father's place. Markus wheels him back over, then announces that he's going to bring in breakfast and will add you some as well. As he leaves, your eyes can't help but follow him, taking him in once more after not seeing him for so long. When you look back at Carl, he's looking at you with a knowing smirk, which grows bigger when he sees your cheeks warm red again.

Before you can defend yourself against your actions, Markus returns and place a tray down in front of you, handing out two covered plates and cups for coffee. While he finishes laying out the table, you push the wrapped box towards your father, who stares at you first in child-like annoyance, before conceding and grabbing it in his hands.

"Hm, I wonder what this could be. Ah! What a surprise, paint!" You all laugh at his sarcastic reaction then he motions to Markus the seat next to yours requesting "Sit next to Y/N Markus, let's hear about her adventures over the past few months"

While Markus complies and pulls out the chair, sitting down, you shoot annoyed glares, your eyes promising revenge. Carl only smirks once more in return.

For the next few hours or so, the three of you sit, discussing and listening to your adventures and laughing about silly. The whole time you sit there reminiscing, you can't help stealing glances at Markus whenever you can, study his face and taking in every detail. Undoubtedly, your father has witnessed them all too, but you can't find it in you to care. You have feelings for this android, but you don't have the courage to tell him.