VIII

❝ i don't even know why you took up her offer.❞ jimin stated, looking up at yoongi with a pitiful gaze. ❝ the soldier enhancement program was some tough shit, i thought i could handle her crazy experiments. look where that got me, i'm just a shell of the man i used to be. ❞ yoongi chuckled emptily, looking at his other hand, then at jimin.

❝ don't say that, yoonie. you've still got a lot of min yoongi in here, ❞ the doctor gently placed his hand on the exact spot that yoongi's heart was. ❝ you might see yourself as reaper, but that's not who you really are. you are min yoongi, i've known you enough to know damn well of that. ❞ jimin's hands left the elder's to gently cup his face, carefully removing his mask. oh god, his pretty, plush lips were still looking soft as ever, his little button nose was still as cute as it had ever been, and his eyes... those kitten-like eyes that held such joy and determination in them now held anger, sadness and fear.

❝ i... i'm so sorry, yoongi. i'm sorry that she did this to you. ❞ jimin blurted out once he had seen yoongi's eyes. ❝ like i said, the soldier enhancement program was tough shit, so i thought i could handle one of moira's crazy experiments. look where we are now, jimin. ❞

if jimin's heart didn't break before, it definetely shattered into teeny tiny pieces now.

❝ if i could, i would turn you back into your 'human' state, yoongles. i swear on my entire medical career just to take you back to who you used to be! ❞ jimin reassured, determination laced within every word that escaped his plump lips.

❝ even though i've already come to terms with my condition, i really appreciate you saying that. i love you so much, park jimin. ❞

the way yoongi admitted his love so carelessly, using his full name like it was the name of a deity itself in such a vulnerable moment sent butterflies loose in jimin's stomach.