Chapter 11; not a date

We are almost ready to leave this fancy restaurant, Riley is finishing her coka cola.

      "Who is the girl you were talking about sending flowers too" Riley said surprising me

      "Oh uhh, we were friends and I didn't know we were dating so i guess i cheated on her and she is pissed"

     "What made you think you weren't a couple"

      "My heart,...yeah I know it sounds retarded or corny but i follow my gut feelings"

      "Then why are you trying to apologize if you don't want to be her boyfriend"

      "To feel better,..i guess, isn't this what guys are supposed to do?"

      "Umm no, how come you know so little about girls?" She said taking a sip looking at me

      "My mom died when I was young and my dad always works so he doesn't have to realize that my mom is dead"

      "Wow sorry for that" Riley said

      "No no I'm fine" I said, holding back my tears

    "I am going to go use the restroom" I tell her while getting up

     I go to the restroom pacing for a few; I take a piss then go to turn around but a gun is sticking into my back. I want to scream but I stay calm and try to make a plan in my head.

"Don't think about trying anything, let's just walk out..nice an slow"

    He pushes me towards the door; I leave the bathroom feeling panicked and starting to sweat. The man stays behind me and I look at Riley and she gets up following us out but he obviously didn't know I was with her.

     He went to put me in a car but Riley chopped his gun out of his hand then pushed him against the car. I felt my heart racing faster than it ever has.

"Riley, I owe you an I love you"

       I realized that 4 letter word I let sprawl out of my mouth...she probably knows what I meant. I get back in the car an she drives home.

"So uh you love me, I heard"

"I meant love as in like family or something-err um not family but um friend or um"

"I understand!" She said smiling

      I realized her smile is really pretty.

~

       I crawled into bed taking my shoes and shirt off. I hear it begin to thunder out. I close my eyes and open them seeing Riley in the doorway with a red tank and shorts.

"Are you okay with the thunder"

"Yeah, why?" I ask

"I didn't know you weren't afraid of it"

        She starts to fridget, I realize she is probably cold because my air conditioner is blowing beside her.

"Are you afraid of it Riley?"

"No..of course not- yes"

"Come on in"

        I throw back my covers and let her get in. She gets in and covers up rolling over with her back facing me.

        I run my hands through my hair and lay down facing her back. I look at her blonde hair and she begins to move. I close my eyes, when I open my eyes her nose is almost touching and I can feel myself redden. I close my eyes and try so hard to fall asleep and maybe i will wake up to her kissing me.

~

          I wake up an I am on Riley's side of the bed. I hear pots and pans rattling. UGH! I put the pillows over my ears and doze off for a bit. I wake up to the smell of cinnamon. I open my eyes and see a table filled with cinnamon pancakes, cinnamon rolls, eggs, and 3 glasses of orange juice.

      I sit up an Riley is coming up the stairs with 2 forks,syrup, an 2 plates.

       She smiles at me an hands me a plate an a fork. I grab it putting 6 pancakes on my plate and 3 cinnamon rolls. I finish and drowsily walk to the shower turning on the water then getting in the water letting the water slide down my spine. I dip my face in the warm water rubbing my hands through my hair.

       I wash and soap my body up and then rinse and dry. I brush my teeth and shape my hair. I call Arnie and he doesn't answer. I call Hellen and she doesn't answer. I call Lily and of course no answer. I sit by the bathroom door and think about what has happened.

      I get dressed and think of an Idea. I walk out the door and pay to get in a payphone and I call Arnie,...it buzzes for 4 times and I hear a click.

"Hello" I heard Arnie's voice

"...Hey, Arnie it's me- I-"

"Whoa whoa..sorry kid, I am not your agent anymore I gotta go buddy but I will see ya around"

         I feel a weird feeling in my body that makes me wanna break down and cry but I can't. I walk around more, I see Riley running out of the building. I smile and wave at her but she runs down the stairs of the house rushing into her limo/taxi.

     I go into the house and open the cabinets to grab some ingredients.