Chapter 1 - The Loving Devil.

Derek Russo's P.O.V.

6 years later

"Good morning, sir." Everyone in the lobby of the ground floor greet me as I walk past them with my assistant Danny by my side. I give them a curt nod as I walk into my private elevator, waiting for Danny to enter the personal space and we soon approach the highest floor of the building.

"Good morning Mr. Russo. Here is your meeting schedule for the week and the paperworks requiring your immediate attention." My secretary, Baldhart bows as soon as I walk away from the elevator and walks up to me with a bunch of folders.

"Alright. Hand it over to Danny, and no disturbance is allowed until I mention otherwise. Is that understood?"I give her a side glance as I open the black oak French doors to my office, walking into my working space after hearing: "Okay sir".

"Aight. This is a load of shit to unpack." Danny comments while striding towards where I am seated, his one hand rummaging through a few documents while at it. Much like the French doors, most of the wooden furniture in the office is oak and black; from the office desk to the shelves perched up onto the grey walls.

I narrow my eyes as I see him walk to the grey couch, slumping in it and not bothering to bring the files to me. The dark themed throws were slowly falling off due to his body sliding against them. When he looks up at me, I glare at him, causing him to grin and the side of his eyes to crinkle in amusement.

Danny Lance, a fellow friend of mine since 5. We've been through thick and thin together, from the smallest thing like bunking class, to crying over the same girl. You name it, we've done it. He's been the only one I could trust besides my parents and my brother. We promised each other to build a company together and here we are, ruling the empire, almost, together. 

He never minded the fact that I am the leader of the company and continuously supports me.

"Bring the files here, dammit." I groan as I see a mischievous glint across his milk chocolate eyes. He takes his leisure time by cat walking to the table, putting the files down only for him to smack my hand as I try to read one of the documents. I give him a hard look, and he sighs, causing my interest to peak up.