Patched up

Once jungkook and hoseok were kicked out from the principal's office, after a horribly long hour, they were immediately pulled into a tight embrace by Jimin.
They were still not pleased to be in each other's company and having to share a tight hug really wasn't on top of the things they wanted to do. Yet, as Jungkook could hear Jimin's soft hitching breath and small tears strolling down his cheeks. Jungkook had to hug him back.
Because, if It was one thing that broke his heart, it was seeing his brothers cry.

Nevertheless, he needed a hug, even if it was shared with Hoseok.When Jimin finally let them go. Jungkook didn't want to argue, he didn't need to anymore.
It was strange. Slowly, Hoseok and Jungkook looked at each other. Observing each other silently, acknowledging the harm they'd caused.

Hoseok was scratched and his lip was bloody. Jungkook could feel the once sticky blood on his forehead dried to his skin, cracking up and scalping away. Jimin stood between them, his quiet sobs finally having calmed down.
Carefully, Jungkook brought his hand up to his head, as his finger made contact with the wound, icing pain cut through him, making him flinch and frown down at his hand. His hand was covered in specks of blood and bruises, but it wasn't his.

"Sorry about that.." Hoseok said, his voice weak and raspy.

"It's okay." Jungkook sighted and looked up at Hoseok.

It was strange. The two boys didn't need to fight anymore. Instead, they shared a smile. A bit careful at first, then full on sniggers, leaving Jimin dumbfounded between them.

They left shortly after. The school opening ceremony was finished and the other students had already gone home. Jungkook could sense Jimin blaming him for starting the fight as he walked closely beside Hoseok, scowling at him in disapproval.

Still, everything was calm. Hoseok didn't want to fight from the beginning but he didn't hold any grudges either. Probably because Jungkook looked like a mess and all the boys knew he'd been unstable emotionally for quite some time, despite acting cool. It was simply unnecessary to stir him up again.

They walked side by side trough the empty halls to their lockers. Jimin and Hoseok were mingling lightly to ease the ambience. Whilst Jungkook didn't want to stay longer than needed. He knew he'd done wrong and he didn't feel like staying for Jimin's raging lecture, that clearly was waiting for him. Truthfully, Jungkook just wanted to go home and sleep, dreading and preparing for the upcoming calls from his parents. Thus, when jimin and Hoseok were busy getting their stuff, jungkook headed out on his own, taking the backdoor which lead trough the Forest.

The trees swayed over his head, casting small waves of light on the ground all around him. He was caught up in his own thoughts.
Why did he have the need to fight in the first place? What was the purpose of this? What is wrong with me? Too occupied to notice the two boys who were running after him.

"Jungkook! Wait!" Jimin yelled, making him turn around with a stunned expression.

"Are you running away from us?" Hoseok teased once the two boys caught up. Both slightly out of breath.

"I didn't know we had plans?" He asked.

They grinned. "We do. We're coming home with you." Jimin said and hoseok nodded affirmatively beside him.

Jungkook didn't ask too many questions, neither did he get many answers. And maybe that was fine. Because once they arrived at his big lonely house, everything felt fine.
They sat in the living room, see-though curtains drawn over the tall windows, casting a calmed atmosphere over them. Along golden stripes painting the walls and white furniture. They were drinking hot chocolate and Jimin patiently cleaned them up, one bruise by the other.