0.8) HOUSE ELF

{Chapter Eight, Twilight, 'House Elf'}

It had been over a week since Harriet decided to go to Carlisle and everything had been bliss. The Cullen's spent the last week together, like a family for once. Esme had disappeared since Harriet's explanation, and no one really cared. She was really passive aggressive, and rude to the children. Especially when Carlisle wasn't there. So everything had been good. And what was better Harriet and Bella had become a lot closer. As Bella understood why she always left.

"What?" They heard Harriet shout into her phone from the living room. "Hermione, I can't have a house elf!" She protested to her friend.

"Oh please, I can't have Winky around as I'm going back to Hogwarts. And she doesn't want to be free, she hates it." Hermione begged her best friend.

"Ugh, let me talk to the Cullen's and I'll get back to you." Harriet said, giving into her friends demands. After saying goodbye to her friend. And turned to the Cullen's. Who were watching her closely. This included Bella. "I have a friend, who's going back to school... And she has a house elf." She started.

"What's a house elf?" Bella asked. Looking at her sister with a strange look. 

"It's a elf that are given to families and are made to clean and tidy. Most elf's like this, and hate to be set free. One of those is Winky. Who used to work for the crouches. She really hates to be free... So Hermione wants to know if she can stay here.." she said. Looking pleadingly at the family. Carlisle looked on the fence but the young witch used oculems to read all their minds. "Oh Thank you! You'll adore Winky." She cheered and let the room. Leaving the Cullens to wonder what happened.