Chapter 18: Ambushed

Now the action begins. Sorry for not posting for... gosh must it be three weeks or something. I just didn't have the inspiration to write this chapter until now, but I hope you enjoy this anticipated chapter!

Kirito's POV:

Kirito made his way to the guild leader's office. He had received a message a few minutes ago saying that his presence was requested. Kirito slowed to a stop in front of the large double doors, with a guard on each side blocking his way with a spear. Kirito showed them the message he had received.

"The leader has asked for me." He said. One of the guards leaned in close and examined the message closely, then nodded and let him through. Kirito walked forward through the doors and kept going until he was right in front of the leader's desk. He bowed his head.

"You called for me o leader?" Kirito said.

"Yes I did. And stop mocking me with that fancy smancy talk of yours. Just because you like it doesn't mean I do. Got it?"

Kirito nodded his head. "What did you want me for?" Kirito said.

The leader grinned. "Oh, I think you'll like this." He pulled out a map and spread it on his desk. "This is floor 58. It's within our territory as you well know. I am going to send you and a quest party there because one of my informants has passed on information that their is a challenging quest there that requires you to raid a lizard bandits den. These lizards bandits have killed several players recently, that we know of, and if what our informant says is true, they have a hidden stash of weapons hidden somewhere near their camp." The guild leader turned to Kirito. "Your job, is to go and complete the quest, and to find the hidden stash of weapons. Don't bother coming back unless you are carrying those weapons with you. Needless to say, if you see any players from the other guilds, then you are to kill them immediately. The last thing we need is another guild getting wind of what you are doing."

Kirito nodded his head in resignation and started to head for the door to prepare for his mission.

"Oh, and one more thing." The leader said. Kirito turned around and looked at him. "Make sure you take a large party, something like thirty plus players, with you. I want you to bring back every last weapon you find, so don't stint on the manpower. Got it?"

Kirito nodded and turned to go. "I will be back within the week." Kirito said.

"See that you do." Came the reply. Kirito ignored it and kept walking.

"Great." Kirito thought to himself. "Time for another ridiculous quest."

<Timeskip>

"Well that actually wasn't so bad." Kirito thought to himself.

He and his questing party were on the return journey with their prize. The bandits had been a piece of cake to get rid of, and while the weapons weren't the greatest in quality, they weren't horrible either.

Now, Kirito and his party were nearing the town that they had set out from earlier. Provided there was nothing else that he had to do when he got back, Kirito would actually get to see his family tonight.

Kirito was off in his head thinking about his family when suddenly he senses danger. He leaps and rolls out of the way, just in time yo avoid several arrows that landed right where he was just standing. Then Laughing Coffin subordinates came at them from all sides. Arrows started pouring in, beginning to cut down Kirito's men. They all drew their weapons and took cover in the nearby buildings. Clashing with the enemy players coming at them.

Kirito blocked the side swipe from one man's axe, then spins, sending his sword flying around at the man. He blocks it with his axe shaft, only for Kirito to bring out his second sword and slam him in the head with the hilt, knocking him out. Kirito turns around, easily parrying another man's blow, before putting him to sleep as well. Kirito looks about and watches as men from both sides are cut down and vaporize into thin air. He and his men are not going to win this. He might not be willing to kill other players, but it was pretty obvious that his party was done for. There must still be at least fifty enemy players fighting the dozen or so that had managed to survive until this point.