Pop's

"Sweetheart, Veronica's here

      "Sweetheart, Veronica's here." Melissa, Zachary's mom yelled. Zachary grabbed his jacket and raced down the hall to see his best friend, Veronica Lodge standing in the doorway. "Cupcake!" Zachary screamed as he ran over and gave her a hug. Veronica laughed and hugged her best friend right back. She missed him as much as he missed her even though they literally travelled to the new town together. "Come Thomas, we're going to a diner called Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. My mom order burgers." Veronica said, releasing Zachary from a hug as he raised his eyebrows. "What is a Chock'lit Shoppe and why does it sell burgers?" Zachary asked as Veronica shrugged and laughed. "I asked the same thing. Come on." She said. "I'll be back soon, mom." Zachary called out to his mom. It only took a few minutes before Zachary and Veronica got out of the limo, standing in front of the brightest diner they have ever seen. They walked inside as Veronica held onto Zachary's arm. "We're here to pick up orders for Lodge and Taylor." Veronica said as Zachary looked around. He spotted a blonde haired girl with her hair in a ponytail and a red headed boy staring right at Veronica. Zachary nudged Veronica as she turned around and saw the boy she noticed was staring at her. "What do you say we go over there and make some new friends?" Veronica smiled as Zachary felt uneasy, seeing the two were having a conversation. "Uh," Zachary started to say before Veronica yanked Zachary to the table, her hand wrapped around his arm. "Hi." Veronica said as she and the red head stared at one another. "Hey." He replied. "How are the onion rings here?" She asked. "So good." The red head stated. "Can we get some onion rings too, please?" Veronica asked. "Yeah." The owner, Pops, answered. "Thank you." Zachary said back to the man, politely. Veronica smiled at his manners, so far he's been good. "Our parents just moved here." Veronica said, turning her attention back to the red head, using her free hand to point at herself and Zachary. "From where?" The boy asked. "New York." Both Zachary and Veronica said, this time the blonde hair girl looked at the new boy. His chiseled chin, his hazel-ish green eyes, his hair, but she also noticed how close Veronica was to the boy, making the girl give up on any hope she might've had. What did she care? She had Archie, right? Betty looked at Archie to see his lovesick puppy dog eyes on Veronica, nope. "Do you guys go to Riverdale?" Veronica asked again, secretly hoping the red head was. "We do. Both of us. Together." The blonde girl said staring blankly at Veronica but adverting her eyes to Zachary who was already looking at her making her blush and put her head down. "We're sophomores." The boy stated. "Us as well." Veronica said, referring to Zachary and herself. "I'm filled with dread." "Why is that?" The boy asked. "Are you familiar with the works of Truman Capote?" Veronica asked the boy as he nodded. Zachary scoffed. Clearly the boy did not know what Veronica was talking about. Nobody ever did, except Zachary, himself, of course. "I'm Breakfast at Tiffany's, but this place is strictly In Cold Blood." Zachary laughed as well as the boy. However, Zachary's laugh was real and the red head boy's laugh was fake, obviously because he was clueless and had no idea what she had said. "Veronica Lodge." "Archie Andrews." The boy introduced himself. "Uh, this is Betty Cooper." The blonde, Zachary just found was named Betty, looked up and gave a small smile to them, Zachary more than Veronica. " A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Zachary said with a genuine smile. Betty blushed. "And may I ask what your name is?" "Zachary Taylor." He answered and put his open hand out for her to shake, which she gladly did. Veronica and Archie raised their eyebrows at the encounter before Veronica interrupted. "Wait, are you supposed to give us a tour tomorrow?" "Yes. I'm your peer mentor." Betty answered, still staring at Zachary. "Do you want to join us? Hey, maybe we can un-fill you with dread." Archie insisted, which quickly made Betty advert her eyes and look at Archie as if he was a ghost. "Our parents are waiting for us." "You two are siblings?" Archie asked, confused as Betty looked at them, hoping they were which meant she had more of a chance. "We're best friends." Zachary said, smiling at Veronica who smiled back. "But, to be continued." Veronica said, smiling at Archie. "Yeah." He breathed out. Zachary took one last look at the two before they received their food and walking out. "So, Betty, huh?" Veronica teased, Zachary as they got in the car. "Oh, shut up." He grinned, getting one in return as they began to snack on the fries back to their new home. Tommorow should be eventful.