Chapter 1

Littlekit wrapped his ginger tail around his white chest. He yawned and looked around for his den mates, Spiderkit and Oakkit were tussling each other, Beekit and Cloudkit were pretending to stalk prey and Moonkit and Honeykit were chatting. Littlekit padded over to Beekit and Cloudkit and watched there stalking.

" Is that actually how you stalk prey?" Littlekit asked his older den mates. Cloudkit nodded and Littlekit stared in amazement as he leaped into the air, Littlekit only just held back a mrow of laughter as Cloudkit clumsily fell to the ground. Cloudkit got up and gave his fur an embarrassed lick.

" You call that a leap?" Beekit snorted and leaped into the air. Unlike Cloudkit, Beekit landed on his paws. Littlekit purred and gave out a surprised yowl as something hit him to the ground. When he looked around he saw Moonkit pinning him to the ground.

" I told you he wouldn't hear me!" Moonkit laughed to Honeykit. Littlekit felt his pelt grow hot with embarrassment as he tried to struggle from her grip.

" I think his ears are too small to hear anything, that's why Yellowstripe named him Littlekit!" Spiderkit snorted and stared at Littlekit mockingly. Littlekit felt a growl rise in his throat and he rolled over to squish Moonkit. He got up and gave Spiderkit a hard stare. How dare he judge me for my name! Littlekit fluffed his fur out to make him look bigger. Spiderkit lashed his tail and turned around. Littlekit took his chance to strike. He dashed up to him and smacked him paws against his back, making Spiderkit tumble over. He quickly pinned the black and white cat to the ground and felt satisfied with his victory.

" Who's the small and helpless one now?" Littlekit hissed into his ear, Spiderkit grunted and Littlekit got off him. His ears twitched as he heard a cat come into the den, he turned and saw Tallclaw carrying a dead rabbit into the nursery. Beekit and Oakkit bounded up to him and Littlekit followed.

" Is that for us Tallclaw?" Oakkit asked, his amber eyes gleaming with interest and excitement. Tallclaw sighed and shook his head.

" This is for your mothers, but I'm sure they will share some of it with you."  Tallclaw meowed and headed over to where Squirrelleap and Yellowstripe were chatting. Littlekit eagerly followed, he had never tried rabbit before. Yellowstripe and Squirrelleap nodded in thanks to Tallclaw and he gave Squirrelleap a quick lick on the ear and then walked out of the den.

" Can we have a tiny bite?" Littlekit asked his mother. She stared at him with warmth in her gaze and Littlekit looked around to see who had come to have some of the rabbit. Relief flooded him as he realized him, Oakkit and Beekit were the only ones interested in the rabbit. Yellowstripe nodded and Littlekit purred in thanks. He took a little bite and licked his mouth for any remaining bits of it. Oakkit and Beekit thought the same as their eyes were filled with delight.

" Go play now kits, it's nice and sunny so you can leave your nests." Yellowstripe purred and pointed her tail at the exit. Littlekit nodded and ran out of the den. He looked around in amazement as he saw all the different cats in his clan. 

A leaf caught his eye and he stared at it as it flew to the ground. Before it could touch the floor the wind blew it upwards. Littlekit watched with interest and crouched like he'd seen Cloudkit and Beekit crouch. He leaped into the air and tried to slam his paw onto the leaf, irritation spread through him as he missed but as he landed he yowled as a sharp pain sliced through his paw.