Episode 2: Tides Of War

[No intro. Black screen. Quick cut to unknown LB ally ship Commander, alarms blaring, apparent distress]

Commander: Corporal! Send a distress beacon to the Vanguard!... General Wolf sir, we're going down in sector Delta 38, our shields are depleted, we are surrounded on all sides, I can not complete the mission, I'm afraid I may go down with my ship, as a captain should sir, I hope I was of service to you and to the fleet.

[Sudden cut. Intro pan with somber music and sudden jump cuts to SS Legacy being taken down. Cut to General on bridge alone looking out bridge window. Door opens, man walks in(petty officer Roberts)]

Gen. Wolf: Petty Officer Roberts.

P. Officer Roberts: Sir!

Gen. Wolf: I heard of your actions today... and I must say... I am impressed by them.

P. O. Roberts: Sir it was my duty.

Gen. Wolf: A duty you followed with flying colors. I reward those who earn it, and you have earned it petty officer, you have earned it... I am promoting you to my second in command-

P. O. Roberts: Sir?

Gen. Wolf: As you know this is a troubling time for this fleet, no time for eccentric feasts of celebration in a time in which at any second we may be thrusted into combat at a moment's notice. And so there will be no ceremony, no pinning of stars, firing of rifles, no glorious sound of trumpets in the hall of victory. Only a title given and honor felt, in silence.

Lt. Roberts: Sir, no matter the ceremony or lack thereof, I am notably honored by the title.

Gen. Wolf: I know you would long for combat if I were to restrict you to this bridge or this ship. And such you will be my private operative, for this military, you will lead this army into battle and carry out my orders with a gun in hand.

Lt. Roberts: You honor me sir.

Gen. Wolf: Dismissed.

[Lieutenant Roberts walks off bridge while Gen. Wolf walks towards bridge window]

Gen. Wolf: This war needs change.

[Determined walk towards console. Gen. Wolf activates fleet transmission]

Gen. Wolf: As you all know, this war has been raging for four years now, you have been a part of it in one way or another. You all have had a piece of this war, and every battle, every fight, every moment of it, you have all taken a part of it. We have very little in the way of progress. We have not lost, nor gained anything in our fight. This war needs change, this battle needs an end in sight, a long arm to reach our long goal, I call upon all of you. [Cut to General on full bridge](Corporal: Sir for where should I set course Sir?)For all of you who have fought along side me and your brothers.(Gen. Wolf: set a course for Sector Delta 38) I call upon you to start... the end... of this war.(Gen. Wolf: it's time we finish what Commander Gottfried started) This war needs change, it's time we start it.

[Sudden cut to black, fanfare, credits.]