It Can Be Fixed

He couldn't drive, his dad had never taught him. Mila could drive. They drove a long time before Mila pulled over and got out of the truck at some building. She was gone for so long that he thought she had left him alone.

But then she returned, arms full of damp and dry paper towels. She opened his side of the truck and began wiping his face and hands with the wet ones. He could only sit there and let her. When she was finished she handed him his dad's coat which had been left in the truck.

"Put this on, take off your old one" she told him. He noticed she no longer had blood in her hair or on her face. He did as told as he unzipped his jacket with shaky fingers and pulled on his dads. It smelled like the man. Angelo felt sick.

Mila got back into the truck and they drove a little bit more before Mila pulled off to the side of the road. "We have to leave the truck." She told him simply.

Angelo didn't argue, just got out of the truck and followed Mila down the road. The sun was just coming up.\"Are you going back home?" He asked her. The thought of being alone now plagued him almost as much as what he had done did.

Mila hugged the coat that hid most of the blood on her body from view. "No," she shook her head.

Angelo looked at her but didn't ask why. "I'm going to jail, aren't I?" He asked weakly. "Because of what I did?"

Mila shook her head, "no. They won't find you because you're going to runaway." She kept her eyes on the empty road in front of them.

"Where am I going to go?"

Mila shrugged. "I don't know."

He hesitated a moment. "Are you going with me?"

"I think so," she answered.

(SB)

His dad was in his dreams and he was mad at him for killing him. He chased Angelo all over and showed up in places he shouldn't.

Angelo woke up with a start from one of those dreams a day after they had run. It was Mila's idea to get a motel room at a little inn at the edge of some town. It was called 'The Pink Tomato'. It was owned by a little old man who had looked at them funny when they had shown up in his office at six in the morning, and his wife. They didn't ask a whole lot of questions, just asked for money.

Angelo rolled to his side and became almost startled when he saw Mila sleeping beside him on the bed, but remembered she had said they could share. She was facing him, her hands wrapped around her large stomach.

After a moment Angelo rolled off the bed and stood on the side of it. He looked at the clock, seeing the numbers 5:06pm. He looked at the tv an decided to turn it on. He flinched when the volume exploded from the tv.

Mila quickly sprung awake, eyes wide and full of fear.

"Sorry," he mumbled trying to figure out how to turn it down.

"Hand me the remote." Mila shouted over the noise. He did as told and she managed to get the volume to a reasonable level. She handed the remote back to him before pulling her legs to chest as best as she could. "We need to get something to eat." She said softly.

Angelo didn't feel very hungry but nodded anyway.

"I don't think I should leave the room." She told him. "I don't have any shoes." He looked down at her bare feet. "We already got enough looks as is."

"I'll go," he said.

She nodded. "When you get back I'll attempt to get the blood out of your clothes. Your jeans are dark enough that no one should be able to tell, just keep your jacket on."