He's my boyfriend!

Those words lingered in Hoseok's mind all week. He had told Jimin he most definitely wasn't lonely and he dearly wanted to believe it himself. He always told himself he wasn't lonely; he couldn't be lonely. He shouldn't be. Hoseok wasn't allowed to be.

He wasn't allowed to want love.

His destination had been set at the same place as always; right at the bar. Exciting life, wasn't it? When did he slip back into this bad habit of his? Just a few years ago Hoseok had forced himself to stop so he could care for Jimin... when did it come back to this?

Hoseok lowered his head in defeat. "Another, please."

Just as requested, he had gotten his drink. His fingers played with the glass and he frowned. He wasn't drunk right now but... He couldn't get someone out of his head. The entire reason why he drank his memories away were exactly because of that single boy.

He just wanted to forget.

But no matter what, he always couldn't. No matter how hard he tried supressing it, he just couldn't do it. He haunted his mind like a ghost. His brain was poisoned with alcohol for over a hundred years, but no matter what, he was always in his head.

Somehow this had depressed him. His heart sank and he had lost all motivation to even want to drink anymore. Not even Jimin knew about his sadness - except one person. It was his friend, who just happened to be the therapist he asked for help on Jimin with.

That person being Namjoon. But, still...

He wasn't the oh so happy person everyone thought he was.

Swiping the tab onto the bar, he slipped off the chair and wanted to get his escape to the exit. And just his chance, but he had bumped into somebody right outside who scowled at him with an angry look.

"What do you think you're doing, disrupting our little talk?" Hoseok lifted his head and was about to excuse himself, only because he literally wasn't in the mood for wanting any trouble, but he stopped himself short with a gasp. Was the person behind him...

Yoongi?

The look on his face clearly showed he was in a displeasing situation. In fact, even with his head so low, he looked like he was distraught. Hoseok wasn't thinking about the distance he placed between the two just a week ago; his body naturally moved on its own.

"What are you doing with him?"

The vampire was shoved - actually, he just let the man do it to make him feel like he was in power. "None of your fuckin' business."

The man was big, but he was no one Hoseok couldn't handle. "Actually, it is." Hoseok looked beside the man at Yoongi, who was staring at him with the most confused and shocked expression he could muster.

Hoseok was absolutely going to regret this.

Don't say it.

Don't.

Say.

It.

Don't fucking say it Hoseok-

"... He's my boyfriend."

There, you done and did yourself out. Are you happy now?

"He's your what?" The man looked back at Yoongi with an angry growl. "That little slut-" But before he could charge at Yoongi, the vampire gripped his wrist in a tight hold and watched the man wince in pain force to a stop.

"Don't do this," A light sparked in Hoseok's eyes; the male got momentarily astonished at the way he saw a flash of gold in them. "For your own sake."

In that moment, Hoseok thought he had perhaps convinced him to back off. But alas, an asshole was an asshole. The guy's face scrunched into another frown with his body ready to brawl. And so, not wasting absolutely any time with him, Hoseok drew back a fist and quickly laid a swing into the male's face.

They both watched as he instantly fell to the ground.

Slowly, his eyes lifted to Yoongi. His mouth hung open and his eyes were wide. Yeah, this was a pretty bad sight to see... "Um... Are you okay?"

His head flinched up to see Hoseok. What he had assumed was fear at first was actually a look of awe and content. Hoseok wasn't sure if he was happy or if he had made a bigger mistake for staying and talking. "You just sucker punched him into a K.O.!"

"Yeah, well," Hoseok nervously laughed. "You were getting harassed. I couldn't just let him do that."

Then came a strike of thunder from the sky and everything went downhill from there. Hoseok didn't mind the raim but he would rather not be in it, so right now was a bit of a conundrum for the two of them.

"Fuck, it's raining??!" Yoongi hissed in disgust, while staring up at the sky with hatred in his eyes.

"Is that so bad?" Hoseok chuckled at his behaviour.

"Yeah, I don't have a fucking umbrella and I don't have a ride anymore! I don't want to get soaked!"

Hoseok couldn't hold back a smile. But then he shook his head and sighed in sadness.

Fuck, Hoseok, don't do this...

Don't.

Don-

"... You can stay at my house. It's right... It's only a few minutes away. Consider this um- you know, an apology for kicking you out before."

Yoongi stayed silent. It almost sounded foreign to him yet so... familiar. For some reason he couldn't deny, even if he should. "We shouldn't leave him drowning in the rain, should we?"

Hoseok looked down. Oh. He had forgotten about the man. "I guess not, even though I want him to."

Yoongi smirked.

Fuck.

It was so beautiful.

✿✿✿ 

so ive been trying the different italics and the bold things,,

are they working? is it making it more immersive?

also smut next chapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) i hope