2. A little surprise for a flower

Deke had noticed that Daisy hadn't been at her best lately. She always looked really upset and down and whenever Deke tried to ask what was wrong, she said nothing. He knew it was probably because of everything that had happened to her over the last few weeks. The whole fitz thing, saving Coulson and saving the world. Deke was wondering how the poor woman was still standing after all of that.

Deke suddenly had an idea. He knew it must've been a long time since Daisy had gone on a proper date with someone, especially with the job she has. Deke thought the lighthouse, well outside of the lighthouse, was the perfect place for a nice dinner. The lighthouse was right next to small beach with a beautiful lake. Deke quickly went to fitz and Jemma for advice on how to set up and plan a date. Fitz was rather busy but Jemma immediately agreed to help him.

After a few hours of preparing, the date was finally ready. They had set up some small lights surrounding the table. A few candles were also lit. Deke and Jemma had made sure to prepare all kinds of foods. Deke knew that Daisy loved her Italian food, so he had actually made his own pizza. Jemma helped him, since they were both really good at cooking. Deke had decided to get some lemonade and wine as drinks because he wasn't sure which one Daisy liked better. By the time they had finished setting everything up, the sun had just started to set, which gave them the perfect view for the date. The water looked so beautiful. Deke was worried he would seem too cringy with the date, and didn't want Daisy to not like it. Jemma had actually gone and picked some rose petals from some nearby flowers and scattered them on the floor. "This all looks amazing. Daisy will love it" Jemma said excitedly. "Oh! I almost forgot! I picked these flowers for you to give to her" Jemma said and held up a bouquet of big daisies with a little pastel blue ribbon tieing them together. "Wow..thanks" deke said as she handed him the flowers. "I'll go get Daisy" Jemma said and quickly ran off.

For some reason, the more time Deke waited, the more nervous he got. He had never had the chance to do something special for a girl he cared about. After all, dates weren't very fun in the future. People mostly had to do them in secret.

A few minutes later, Deke could hear two people talking as they walked towards the entrance of the lighthouse, where deke was waiting. Deke laughed slightly when he saw that Jemma had blindfolded Daisy, trying to make it a big surprise. "Okay Jemma will you please tell me where we're going" Daisy said with a laugh. Jemma smiled as she guided Daisy towards where Deke and the the whole date was. Jemma then took the blindfold off Daisy and smiled.

Daisy had no words. It all looked so beautiful. The sun was setting, causing the calm waves to shimmer in the dim sunlight. Daisy was wearing a dress because Jemma insisted that she had to. Daisy looked up to see Deke stood at the other side of a walkway of rose petals. Daisy smiled for the first time in weeks and walked over to him. "You did all of this? For me?" She asked. She smiled as she saw that he was wearing one of fitz's suits. Jemma must've stolen one whilst fitz wasn't looking. Deke nodded as he started to blush. He held up to bouquet of Daisies. "These are for you" he said and handed them to her. Daisys smile got wider as she accepted the flowers. "They're beautiful" Daisy said and looked at him. "Yeah well they're not the only beautiful Daisy here" deke said and smiled. Daisy looked back up at him. "Well you look very handsome" Daisy complimented as she held his hand.

Deke smiled and lead her over to the table where they both sat down. "Yay! Pizza!" Daisy said excitedly as she spotted the pizza. " I knew you loved itialian food so I made you a pizza" he said. "You made the pizza!" Daisy said, looking rather impressed. She took a bite of the pizza and smiled. "It's really good" she said. Deke was so happy she was enjoying herself. All he wanted was for her to be happy.

They finally finished all of the food. Deke and Daisy were both quite crazy when it came to food. Daisy didn't eat as much as deke and she swore that he was like a human trash can. He just ate everything that she didn't want to eat. But she found it absolutely adorable. Some fancy, slow music suddenly started to play. Jemma had managed to find a stereo and played the music. "Aww is this the part where we get up and dance?" Daisy teased and smiled. Deke laughed slightly. "I would but I don't know how. There weren't exactly dancing lessons in the future" he said and sighed. Daisy then got up from her seat and held her hand out. "Come on" she said with a smile. "What? What are we doing?" Deke asked as he held her hand back. "We are gonna dance. I'll teach you" she said and practically dragged him out of his seat. "Okay but I'm seriously terrible at it" Deke said and sighed. Daisy guided one of his arms so it was holding her waist and then placed her own hand on his shoulder. She then held her arm out whilst holding his hand. "It's really easy. Just follow my steps" she said as she started to sway slightly, back and forth. Deke wasn't as bad as he thought he was. Sure, he accidentally stepped on her toes a few times but he got the hang of it. After dancing for a while, Daisy smiled and leaned closer to him. Daisy looked up at him and kissed him softly. Deke smiled and kissed her back. She wrapped her arms around him and smiled. "Thank you for all of this. You really are amazing Deke." She said and smiled.
"No, you're amazing" Deke said and cupped her face gently with his hands.
"I..I love you" Daisy said and smiled. It was the first time she had ever said that the Deke.
Deke couldn't help but smile wider. "I love you too" he said and kissed her passionately.

They continued to kiss and dance together for what seemed like forever. They wanted it to last forever and ever.