4. Ice cream date

Deke hadn't had that much experience with dating. Let's just say that dating wasn't someone's top priority when you were alive in the 2090's. All of his life, Dekes main focus was survival. He obviously cared for his family a lot, but they just gave him more motivation to stay alive. And even though he had felt some forms of love before, none compared to Daisy Johnson.

Daisy was similar to Deke in those ways. She had changed a lot over her time in SHIELD. She had first joined the team as a free spirited hacker who was curious over literally everything and now, she was one of the best agents they had. But, she had also become more serious with her work and never really had time off. She had known true love before. In her mind, Deke was teaching her to love again, Lincoln taught her patience and ward taught her pain. ( I had to 😂 sorry )

Deke walked into the training room and smiled as he saw Daisy in her usual spot, violently punching a punching bag. "Hey" deke said. She turned around and smiled at him. "Hey Deke" She said as she stopped punching the bag to face him. "What's up?" She asked and smiled. He moved closer to her. "I've noticed that lately, you have not been having any free time...at all" deke explained. "Well...it's been really busy around here" Daisy protested. "I understand that but I think that you should just take a day off from being a superhero, and maybe go get some ice cream with me" he said as his smile widened. Daisy debated it for a moment before responding. "My 'serious-agent' side is saying no, but my heart is saying yes because I love ice cream and you" she said and giggled slightly. "Okay Fine. I'll take the day off" . Deke held her hand and smiled. "Great. I'm so excited! I've never properly tried ice cream before. Well...I almost tried one once...I picked it out of the trash...it's a long story...doesn't matter..." he ranted. Daisy smiled as she listened to him. She found his awkwardness adorable. " my god, you're starting to sound like Fitz when he first met me" daisy joked and smiled. "Well...I am related to him" Deke muttered. " wait for me outside of the lighthouse, I just need to get changed and I'll be out in 10 minutes" daisy said. Deke nodded and walked off.

[ one drive later ]

Daisy parked in front of a delicious looking ice cream store. It was small but it looked amazing. Deke glanced at her from the seat next to her. "I still don't understand why you couldn't let me drive. I'm sure a car isn't that different to a spaceship" he said. Daisy laughed slightly. " there's no way I'm ever letting you drive a car. " she said and smiled. They both got out of the car and made their way into the ice cream store. Even though Deke had offered to pay for the ice cream, Daisy insisted that she would pay for it, mainly because deke didn't have any actual money. "What flavour do you want?" Daisy asked him. Daisy could've sworn dekes eyes lit up at all of the ice cream in front of them. "There's so many flavours to choose from!" He said. He pointed a dark brown looking flavour. "That one looks amazing! I want that one..." he said and smiled. Daisy found it adorable how excited he was. "Okay. We'll have one chocolate and one vanilla" daisy told the shop owner. Once they'd got their ice creams, they went back outside. The store was located near a small hill so they decided to take a walk and sit on the hill whilst they enjoyed their ice cream. As they walked, Deke was more than pleased with his ice cream. "This is amazing! How do they get it to taste so good!" Deke said. Daisy smiled and looked up at him. "I don't actually know" she said and laughed. "What flavour did you get again?" He asked. "Vanilla" Daisy said and smiled. "Does it taste nice?" He asked. Daisy smiled before she let him try some of it. " how are there so many flavours and how do they all taste so good?" He asked. She loved seeing him happy.

They shortly got to the top of the hill and sat down on a small bench. Daisy rested her head on Dekes shoulder as The enjoyed the peace and quiet for once. "Taking a day off was a great idea" Daisy said. "agreed" Deke replied.