Chapter 4

Spirit Guide? What is that? And why did she think Fiona was one? All these questioned were left unanswered and there was only one way to do it.

"What's a Spirit Guide?" Fiona boldly asked.

The woman's grin grew cold and more malicious. "Don't play dumb with me. It's a waste of my time."

Why did she think Fiona was lying? Fiona had no idea what a Spirit Guide was! This is just a bad dream! A nightmare!!

"Enough talk! Time to eat!" the woman exclaimed bearing her sharp teeth as she stretched closer to her prey.

Fiona closed her eyes and put her arms up in front of her face. "No!" she screamed.

Suddenly, a bright light engulfed the room. Fiona looked down to see her amulet as the source. "What is this?!" the woman screamed.

The light was too bright for Fiona's eyes to adjust. But even though, she couldn't see, she could still hear.

"Devoratrix!" a voice shouted. "You will not have this girl!" the voice declared.

All she could hear was the woman's screams and everything went black.

***

Fiona awoke the next morning and found herself back in her room. She was on the bed under the cover with her head rested atop the soft pillow. She looked around, then rushed downstairs. Everything looked normal. She thought, maybe, it was all a dream.

"Was that all a dream? It felt so real..." she questioned.

"Who said it was dream?" a voice spoke.

Fiona's body jumped at the mysterious voice, then she started to remember the other voice that was in her so-called dream. "It's you! You're the same voice from my dream."

"That's right, but what happened last night wasn't a dream. It was real," the voice stated.

"Wait, what?"

"Yup, it was all real."

Fiona started to lose her balance. She thought she was going crazy. "I must be going crazy!" she exclaimed.

"No, you're not, you're perfectly sane," the voice said calmly.

"Well, if I'm so sane, then where are you?" Fiona asked.

"What do you mean? I'm right here," the voice answered confused.

"Here, where? I don't see you."

"I'm above you."

Fiona's head tilted up, then her eyes looked above to where the ceiling should be. Instead she saw a floating girl above her.

"Hi!" the girl said with a smile.

The shock caused Fiona to faint. Her body hit the ground with a loud thud. The girl floated over her worriedly. "Oh, dear."

***

Fiona slowly opened her eyes. She looked up and didn't see the strange ghost girl. Again, Fiona thought it was just her imagination.

"Hi!" the girl said popping in front of Fiona's face.

"Ah!" Fiona screamed. She scooted back and made sure to keep her distance.

"Okay, start talking! Who are you? And what the heck happened last night?" Fiona demanded.

"My name is Bliss," the girl introduced. "And I'm here to help you become a Spirit Guide."

"Again, with that word. The woman last night mentioned it."