Chapter Ten

You and Jimin stood outside the third co-owned building. You both shared your own buildings, but then decided to build a middle ground that both of you shared.

The press were standing around, snapping pictures of you both stood either side of the ribbon that was in front of the entrance.

"I'd like to thank everybody for coming here today to congratulate us on our further success." You spoke first. "To the press being here to take photographs of this day, to friends, family, co-workers, ex-workers and the community to come along and stand here. I truly believed that my business wouldn't have furthered with the help of Park Jimin, so I avoided it for years. Until I then realised, he's more mature than the media makes him out to be. He's good under pressure and his heart is good and wouldn't intentionally ruin me or what I've worked for my entire life."

You paused, your hands clammy as you rubbed them gently on your pants.

"It started out when I was being robbed four years ago now. Jimin hadn't only came and saved me, but then took time away from important work, reports and files to help me sort out my house the next day. After that, I saw the true, hardworking him. He knew I'd barely slept that night, and when I had fallen asleep on the sofa halfway through the day. He didn't decide to go finish his work and make sure his business wouldn't fail. He stayed and finished tidying up my house before falling asleep himself. Later when I had asked him why he had stayed despite he had finished tidying up, he had told me he had stayed to make sure I was well." You met a few peoples eyes in the crowd. "The past four years have been amazing working with this man, and we've done nothing but go up and travel the world together. Memories have been made, our company has grown. But more importantly, the hatred for each other we once had had dissipated which hasn't only made our lives easier, but those around us and who have wanted to help the both of us prosper and become better."

"I grew up with Y/N, and honestly she's the only reason I got into business and formed my own. From a young child she knew what she wanted to do. We attended the same schools together up until university when she travelled to America to get her degree." Jimin spoke. "We never truly were friends, when I grew the same aspirations as her in the later years of juniors, it became a competition until one day I took it too far. I caused the hatred between us both and it had been eating through me since. Now that I've worked with her for four years, I see now why she was so competitive. She's a perfectionist, but then she has plans from A, right through to Z. And then if Plan Z doesn't work, she'll go through the numbers until she finds a plan that works. That's been the highlight of working with her. She's amazing at problem solving, whereas I'm good at negotiating. That's what we both needed in our businesses. The other half. That's why, after four years we're finally opening our third building."

Jimin walked over to you smiling softly, both of you held the scissors.

"And with that, it's opened!" You both announced as you cut the ribbon. As the ribbon fluttered in the wind, Jimin kissed you softly. Becoming public with the relationship.

You blushed gently and he pulled away linking your hands as everyone cheered. You smiled at him. Happy that the two of you could progress this far together.